Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#6934 - 06/02/04 09:29 PM Re: Santiago de Compostela and Hostal Alfonso
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
I would love to hear more about where to sit and when to go the Mass!!! I thought the Mass was Saturdays at 9:00am.

We will be in Santiago July 2nd,3rd, and 4th, before leaving in a rental car to explore the Galicia. (Actually we leave for Spain in 2 weeks, but will be in Toledo and southern Spain for a while before heading north. )

Please, tell us more!!!

#6935 - 06/05/04 05:55 AM Re: Santiago de Compostela and Hostal Alfonso
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
I tried Hostal Alfonso for 15-19 Jun and they had no availability.

Sel: The Botafumeiro swings on a North-South axis - it is 'charged' with incense by the Celebrant just in front of the main Altar; then the Tiraboleros do their thing. They must keep all the lines 'taut:' one can only imagine what would happen if they did not.

As for the Masses: There was always a Pilgrims' Mass Saturdays around 11 AM my last 2-visits to Santiago - now, someone is telling us that has changed. There was also a Misa Mayor at 11 AM Sundays. That's the one Juan Carlos and Sofia attended back in Jubilee year '99.

#6936 - 06/05/04 11:40 AM Re: Santiago de Compostela and Hostal Alfonso
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Thanks Eddie!!

If you could verify and post the times and days after your visit, I would really appeciate the info!!

Will you be back before the 2nd of July? Although we leave the 17th of June for Spain, I will check email and this site when possible.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
KiwiRach
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1568 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments