Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#6934 - 06/02/04 09:29 PM Re: Santiago de Compostela and Hostal Alfonso
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
I would love to hear more about where to sit and when to go the Mass!!! I thought the Mass was Saturdays at 9:00am.

We will be in Santiago July 2nd,3rd, and 4th, before leaving in a rental car to explore the Galicia. (Actually we leave for Spain in 2 weeks, but will be in Toledo and southern Spain for a while before heading north. )

Please, tell us more!!!

#6935 - 06/05/04 05:55 AM Re: Santiago de Compostela and Hostal Alfonso
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
I tried Hostal Alfonso for 15-19 Jun and they had no availability.

Sel: The Botafumeiro swings on a North-South axis - it is 'charged' with incense by the Celebrant just in front of the main Altar; then the Tiraboleros do their thing. They must keep all the lines 'taut:' one can only imagine what would happen if they did not.

As for the Masses: There was always a Pilgrims' Mass Saturdays around 11 AM my last 2-visits to Santiago - now, someone is telling us that has changed. There was also a Misa Mayor at 11 AM Sundays. That's the one Juan Carlos and Sofia attended back in Jubilee year '99.

#6936 - 06/05/04 11:40 AM Re: Santiago de Compostela and Hostal Alfonso
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Thanks Eddie!!

If you could verify and post the times and days after your visit, I would really appeciate the info!!

Will you be back before the 2nd of July? Although we leave the 17th of June for Spain, I will check email and this site when possible.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1586 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments