Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#69290 - 07/03/05 09:01 AM TeleMadrid TV: Watch Online!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I'm HAPPILY watching TeleMadrid: SAT now that my TVEi has been removed from my cable TV. mad

In many ways I like TeleMadrid MORE because it focuses on Madrid. In many other ways, I miss seeing ALL those wonderful programs about other parts of Spain. TeleMadrid does show other segments of Spain from time to time but it does focus on La Comunidad de Madrid. And of course, the video quality on TV is MUCH MUCH better than that which is streaming online.

NOTICE: I just saw that at noon EASTERN USA TIME there's a bullfight on TeleMadrid from Madrid Las Ventas as part of the Summer Bullfight Festival. One of the three bullfighters is FEMALE Mari Paza Vega. Should be interesting and I plan to watch.

You can click the Windows Media Player link for TeleMadrid: SAT on MadridMan\'s Spain Radio, TV, Music, & Movies page .

Enjoy TeleMadrid! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#69291 - 07/03/05 10:18 AM Re: TeleMadrid TV: Watch Online!
mecky Offline

Loc: US
Dear MM
I am so happy that you have a great connection, I am very sad because I have not been able to listen to Top Radio for many days. Can you help? I miss this station, it is so total Spanish that I dont care to listen to any other station. Can you help? With greetings from the hot sunny south, Mecky

#69292 - 07/03/05 10:31 AM Re: TeleMadrid TV: Watch Online!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

TopRadio's web broadcast has been "down" for more than a week now. I miss it too. Nothing I can do about it, I'm afraid. Just be patient and it'll come back. In the meantime, enjoy TeleMadrid TV!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#69293 - 07/03/05 12:51 PM Re: TeleMadrid TV: Watch Online!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

UPDATE: APPARENTLY the Las Ventas bullfights are either on a 1-hour delay OR they're starting the bullfight late because they're starting NOW!

Earlier there was a program on about Madrileños living in Sweden. And afterwards there was a program about wildlife in La Comunidad de Madrid. Interesting, but not the bullfight I was expecting at that time. Still, I'm happy to watch TV from Madrid. smile And now the bullfight!

Saludos, MadridMan

#69294 - 07/04/05 01:52 PM Re: TeleMadrid TV: Watch Online!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

VERY interesting Game Show on right now: "Metro a Metro". The program highlights different metro stops in Madrid and the host asks contestants questions about the nearby surroundings, sometimes historical questions and the like. Very interesting for anyone - LIKE ME!

But one question was "In which plaza is the Neptune Fountain?" The multiple question answers included the Plaza de Cánovas and the Plaza de la Lealtad (and two other possible answers). Interestingly enough, the constestant who answered first answered "Plaza de Cánovas" - WHICH WAS WRONG! I thought to myself, "WHAT?! That's correct!" The next contestant answered "Plaza de la Lealtad" which the host said was correct. Huh?! I checked my map and the Neptune Fountain is in the Plaza de Cánovas and NOT in the adjacent Plaza de la Lealtad. Odd.

Saludos, MadridMan

#69295 - 07/05/05 08:43 AM Re: TeleMadrid TV: Watch Online!
TJGuy Offline

Loc: Florida
OH MAN..this is tooooo cool...between online radio and now online TV, I will never ever get any work done!!

#69296 - 07/08/05 05:10 PM Re: TeleMadrid TV: Watch Online!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Now (11pm local Spain time - 5pm Eastern USA time) is "Mi Calle" where the host spotlights some of Madrid's most interesting streets. RIGHT NOW they're on Calle de Cuchilleros (discussing its numerous names: past and present), just below the Arco de Cuchilleros which is just below the SouthWest corner of Madrid's Plaza Mayor. Now, they're taking a tour through Casa Botín: The world's oldest restaurant. NICE! Wow, I LOVE this channel!! NOW they're showing how they roast the cochinillo/suckling pig. Mmmmmm... :p

Saludos, MadridMan

#69297 - 07/16/05 12:08 PM Re: TeleMadrid TV: Watch Online!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

WONDERFUL! Well, HOT! I'm watching TeleMadrid: SAT and they're interviewing people around the city about how they deal with the heat. Well, they've interviewed some workmen while intalling a new air conditioning unit at a woman's flat. Then, they interviewed some bakers as they were making and baking bread - they can't use A/C because it would lower the necessary heat. They also interviewed a street-cleaner and he showed the frozen bottle of water he kept in his cart. They interviewed a couple of street-sellers "top manta" who had their blanket in the shade. They interviewed a gypsy woman selling flowers from her sidewalk flower stand. They interviewed some youngsters swimming at a swimming pool in the Casa de Campo. Now they're interviewing some farmers of potatoes and they said they have the best air conditioning available - FRESH COUNTRY AIR.

IT'S SO GREAT to have TeleMadrid: SAT online in full, streaming view.

UPDATE: One of my aforementioned favorite segments/shows on TeleMadrid is "Mi Calle". Today/Now they're spotlighting the Calle de Lagasca which is a one-lane, one-way, southbound street in the Barrio Salamanca, just two blocks east of the famed Calle de Serrano. They're interviewing store owners, home-owners (one whose family has lived in this beautiful, big flat since the late 1800s), people-on-the-street, etcetera. I really LOVE this show and it's a great way to learn about the different streets/areas of Madrid City.

Saludos, MadridMan

#69298 - 07/17/05 11:37 AM Re: TeleMadrid TV: Watch Online!
AgenteMunicipal Offline

Loc: Canada
MadridMan said:
Quote:
TopRadio's web broadcast has been "down" for more than a week now. I miss it too. Nothing I can do about it, I'm afraid. Just be patient and it'll come back. In the meantime, enjoy TeleMadrid TV!
Unfortunately Top Radio is still down...However I find that Madrid's Punto Radio is a decent substitute until Top Radio is back up...

#69299 - 08/06/05 12:52 PM Re: TeleMadrid TV: Watch Online!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

RIGHT NOW started the 30-minute program "Una Ciudad BAJO una Ciudad" regarding the tunnels, metro, and other underground features of Madrid. Watch it now!

Saludos, MadridMan

#69300 - 08/07/05 08:30 PM Re: TeleMadrid TV: Watch Online!
Lynette Offline

Loc: Philadelphia, PA
MM...Getting a kick out of your updates on the TeleMadrid. I love Metro a Metro and I also like PasaPalabras - very good for vocabulary building. You mentioned 'Mi Calle' highlighting Calle Lagasca and I'm so nostaligic. Just returned from a month in Spain and was taking courses at an international school on Lagasca.

#69301 - 08/14/05 11:08 AM Re: TeleMadrid TV: Watch Online!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Now they're finding/interviewing Spaniards living in Oslo, Norway. Some are restaurant owners, others are married to people from Norway. Interesting personal stories while touring around Oslo.

Saludos, MadridMan

#69302 - 08/14/05 12:19 PM Re: TeleMadrid TV: Watch Online!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

And now starting, live bullfights in The Plaza de Toros de Cenicientos - a tiny village in the westernmost tip of La Comunidad de Madrid. Female ex-bullfighter Cristina Sánchez is being interviewed now as a spectator.

#69303 - 08/22/05 04:34 PM Re: TeleMadrid TV: Watch Online!
tinman Offline

Loc: escocia
anyone else having problems connecting to RNE 1 and 5...? used to connect no problem in both real player and win media player but now they won't connect...can only get radio classica and radio 4....

http://www.sites.ecosse.net/traveltheplanet/

#69304 - 08/23/05 12:50 PM Re: TeleMadrid TV: Watch Online!
robbieroy Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Scotland
Hi tinman
RTVE have recently revamped their website. Their home web page is still here
but they may have moved the links to their live radio station links. They are at http://www.rtve.es/rne/envivo.htm
By the way it is great to read from another Scot on the board.
Regards
Robbieroy

#69305 - 08/24/05 05:39 AM Re: TeleMadrid TV: Watch Online!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

That great gameshow " Metro a Metro " is starting NOW! (see link at left for programming information) I described it above. 4-Contestants answer questions about Madrid's metro system, stations, areas around the metro stops, and other Madrid questions. Very good quiz-show for those who are interested in Madrid.

Wish I could watch more but I have to go to work! rolleyes

Saludos, MadridMan

#69306 - 08/28/05 10:14 AM Re: TeleMadrid TV: Watch Online!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

I LOVE watching TeleMadrid! But in the last weeks there've been frequent video jerks, jumps, re-bufferings and just in general not-so-smooth. I imagine the server they're using doesn't stream fast enough, doesn't use enough bandwidth to smooth viewing, etcetera.

Anyone/Everyone else have this experience?

Now, I'm watching CAPITOL (it's ending now). It's a kind of drama with with a number of scenes taking place outside in the streets of Madrid, Retiro, wherever. Decent show. But, as mentioned above, my favorite programs are "MI CALLE" (Mondays 9:45pm local time) and "METRO A METRO" - when I can catch them.

Saludos, MadridMan

#69307 - 08/28/05 11:51 AM Re: TeleMadrid TV: Watch Online!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Bullfights NOW LIVE and taking place in Alcalá de Henares!!

Saludos, MadridMan

#69308 - 09/10/05 12:07 PM Re: TeleMadrid TV: Watch Online!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Now "Mi Calle" is starting! Today they're doing "Calle Francisco Navacerrada" to "Plaza de Las Ventas".

#69309 - 11/13/05 10:14 AM Re: TeleMadrid TV: Watch Online!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Hmph! It seems TeleMadrid is no longer broadcasting over the internet. Their "LaOtra" is, however, but it's not the same. frown

Saludos, MadridMan

#69310 - 11/15/05 12:42 PM Re: TeleMadrid TV: Watch Online!
robbieroy Offline
Executive Member

Telemadrid is back!
They appear to have changed the URL for the live transmission. It is now: http://mfile.akamai.com/19048/live/reflector:42503.asx?bkup=42504
You may need to copy and paste this to File > Open in Windows Media Player.
Regards
Robbieroy

#69311 - 11/15/05 02:27 PM Re: TeleMadrid TV: Watch Online!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Thanks for that update! I'd checked their website and found no evidence of TeleMadrid SAT being broadcast anymore. That's GREAT news! I wonder if they fixed the "jumps" and "buffering" issue that has been going on in the past several months.

It's cool that they put all TV and Radio stations all together in a pop-up player window.

... Hey, check that again. It seemed the entire www.TeleMadrid.com site just went down - probably temporarily.

Saludos, MadridMan

#69312 - 12/01/05 10:54 AM Re: TeleMadrid TV: Watch Online!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

"Metro a Metro" is on now! Good game show question/answer about Madrid's Metro system, history of, metro stations and surroundings.

#69313 - 12/01/05 11:16 AM Re: TeleMadrid TV: Watch Online!
Torrales Offline

Loc: Madrid
Quote:
"Metro a Metro" is on now! Good game show question/answer about Madrid's Metro system, history of, metro stations and surroundings.
I am going to contest in that show and the shooting is tomorrow. I will keep you posted about when it will be aired. smile

#69314 - 12/01/05 12:49 PM Re: TeleMadrid TV: Watch Online!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

HOW COOL, Torrales!!! That's GREAT! Can't wait to hear about it. But wait.... You're only in the audience OR you are competing??? And yes, please do tell me/us when your shows will be broadcast. Maybe I'll/we'll see you - IF we knew what you looked like or your real first name. smile

Saludos, MadridMan

#69315 - 12/01/05 01:56 PM Re: TeleMadrid TV: Watch Online!
Torrales Offline

Yes, I'll be competing.

No matter how I do, I'll tell you the airing date. It will be nice to have 'transoceanic audience' laugh

The only thing I hope is that the airing date were the same for 'regular' TeleMadrid and TeleMadrid SAT.

My real first name is Jose Maria, but I was asked about how I wanted them to put it on the sticky and I said just Jose. This was to avoid that the full name was too large and they shortened as J. Maria rolleyes

#69316 - 12/02/05 03:37 PM Re: TeleMadrid TV: Watch Online!
Torrales Offline

This is just to inform that the program will be aired in 'regular' TeleMadrid on Jan 12th. Right now, I cannot say if TeleMadrid SAT has the same schedule but, as it is Webcasted live, next week I'll try to see both at the same time at shows' time, and check if both are in parallel run.

#69317 - 12/08/05 06:24 AM Re: TeleMadrid TV: Watch Online!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Torrales, January 12th it is. Do us all (or at least me laugh ) a favor, the day before give us a quick reminder here in this thread. I don't want to miss this! Thanks and, well, YOU already know how you did but you can't tell us. We understand. Hope you won something on TeleMadrid's "Metro a Metro"!

Saludos, MadridMan

#69318 - 12/13/05 02:20 PM Re: TeleMadrid TV: Watch Online!
Torrales Offline

Well, I am watching both TeleMadrid and TeleMadrid SAT at the same time, and yes, they air the same episode. At least, in the 7:30p CET diffusion (I saw at TeleMadrid SAT\'s schedule that this show is aired three times a day, at 8a, 4:40p, and 7:30p, all CET). So, 7:30p in Madrid are 1:30p Eastern Time, 12:30p Central Time, 11:30a Mountains Time, and 10:30a Pacific Time.

I'll post a reminder the week the program will be aired. Remind the mechanics of the show: if I don't win, that would be my only participation; else I'll repeat as 'current champion' sucessive episodes (Fri 13th, Mon 16th,...) while I win. But if in any episode I get to answer right the 15 final questions, I'll be sent home... with a 25000 euro check in my pocket. laugh

#69319 - 12/14/05 05:03 AM Re: TeleMadrid TV: Watch Online!
filbert Offline
Executive Member

Loc: London
Good luck Jose Maria/Torrales !!!!!!!!!!!

We'll all be rooting for you.

#69320 - 01/10/06 04:15 AM Re: TeleMadrid TV: Watch Online!
Torrales Offline

As I promised, a little reminder: I'll be participating in "Madrid, metro a metro" show next Thursday. It is aired on TeleMadrid at 7:30pm CET, and on TeleMadrid SAT at three different times mentioned some posts before.

I am the guy with beard and wearing glasses whose sticky reads "JOSE".

"Madrid, metro a metro" is a daily (Mon to Fri) quiz show. It ends on a final played by two contestants. In case of one of them answering right the 15 final questions, (s)he earns 25,000 euro. Else, the one who answers right the higher number of questions earns 300 euro and comes back for the next show. So, if I'm lucky, you could see me in some consecutive episodes...

#69321 - 01/10/06 04:56 AM Re: TeleMadrid TV: Watch Online!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

OOOH! Thanks for the reminder. thumbsup

Thursday, 12th of January at 7:30pm local time

I thought of you just last night when I was having my early dinner (at 8:30pm!? - is the show 1-hour long? Is it from 7:30-8:30pm?) at the bar here in the neighborhood and watching "Madrid, Metro a Metro". I'll see if I can figure out how to record it and then disect the questions/answers later after watching it initially.

I gather from your postings that you're sworn to secrecy as to whether or not you win and go on to following episodes but... maybe I'm reading between the lines and I think I know what you're trying to tell us. wink Hope you had GREAT luck! xfingers Can't wait to find out.

Saludos, MadridMan

#69322 - 01/10/06 06:29 AM Re: TeleMadrid TV: Watch Online!
Chica Offline
Executive Member

How exciting! I love the show Madrid, Metro a Metro... unfortunately I don't get to see it too often because of my teaching schedule. I'll have to see if there is a way that I can record it.

Good luck Torrales!

#69323 - 01/12/06 04:52 AM Re: TeleMadrid TV: Watch Online!
Torrales Offline

First of all, thanks to everybody for your support. smile

Despite I was told that today had to be the day, I am afraid that we have to wait a little longer. During Xmas holiday they prepared and aired three or four special shows where the contestants were children and so has delayed the sequence of the 'regular' episodes.

Right now, I cannot tell for sure what the actual day will be, but I expect it to be next Tuesday or Wednesday. I shall post a reminder as soon as I know, something about 24 to 10 hours before the actual airing of the show.

Thanks again.

#69324 - 01/12/06 07:16 AM Re: TeleMadrid TV: Watch Online!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

OH NO! What a disappointment! I was all prepared with pizza, beer, snacks, party hats, and invited half the neighborhood over to watch with me! hehehee.. Just kidding. wink But I WAS looking forward to it. Oh well. I guess we can wait a little longer. No problem. But yes, please to let us know when you know exactly when it will be. laugh ¡SUERTE! thumbsup

Saludos, MadridMan

#69325 - 01/12/06 08:21 AM Re: TeleMadrid TV: Watch Online!
Torrales Offline

Thanks, MadridMan!

You can use all that stuff you prepared to watch today's Big Brother show instead... laugh

And place another order for the next week. smile

#69326 - 01/12/06 08:44 AM Re: TeleMadrid TV: Watch Online!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Quote:
You can use all that stuff you prepared to watch today's Big Brother show instead... laugh
Hahaha.. Yeah. That'll be the day.

Say, do you have some kind of gathering prepared for the viewing?

Saludos, MadridMan

#69327 - 01/13/06 05:16 AM Re: TeleMadrid TV: Watch Online!
Torrales Offline

No, not really.

I don't like very much to do social life Monday to Friday, because I don't actually have spare time for it! I wake up at 7am and get back home from work at 7pm. Then, I only feel like plunging onto the sofa, turning on the TV, and resting. As I shall be recording the shows somehow, there will surely be occassions when I can watch them again surrounded by my friends, who will laugh at every mistake I do... rolleyes (but are my friends, anyway smile )

#69328 - 01/16/06 01:47 PM Re: TeleMadrid TV: Watch Online!
Torrales Offline

Tomorrow, Tuesday 17 is da day. At 7:30pm. Prepare your microwave pop corn, peanuts, pizza, beer and all that stuff. laugh

#69329 - 01/16/06 07:46 PM Re: TeleMadrid TV: Watch Online!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

7:30pm, correct? I HOPE to watch it but I may have some obligations elsewhere. I'll try to figure out how to set the video recorder is I go out.

¡SUERTE!

Saludos, MadridMan

#69330 - 01/18/06 05:43 AM Re: TeleMadrid TV: Watch Online!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

I MISSED IT!! :yuck: I was visiting a sick person in the hospital most of yesterday (Tuesday) and got home late from your show. Did anyone else catch it? Torrales, since that particular show has now passed, can you tell us how you did on that show?

Saludos, MadridMan

#69331 - 01/18/06 05:50 AM Re: TeleMadrid TV: Watch Online!
Torrales Offline

I hope that the sickness that person has is not too serious... My wishes of a fast recovery.

Well, I won yesterday's show. :jump: But I didn't answer right the 15 last questions, just 11. So this evening you have another opportunity to watch Torrales (José on TV). wink

#69332 - 01/18/06 06:55 AM Re: TeleMadrid TV: Watch Online!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Okay! Let's see if I can watch tonight but I'll be spending part of the day today outside the house once again but with luck I'll catch. Hope you did well for tonight's show too! Congratulations on winning yesterday's show!

Saludos, MadridMan thumbsup

#69333 - 01/20/06 05:57 AM Re: TeleMadrid TV: Watch Online!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

What happened? What happened? I missed it again 2 nights ago and again last night. DARNIT! Are you still winning? If not, how much € did you win?

Saludos, MadridMan

#69334 - 01/20/06 02:02 PM Re: TeleMadrid TV: Watch Online!
robbieroy Offline
Executive Member

live now!

#69335 - 01/20/06 02:07 PM Re: TeleMadrid TV: Watch Online!
robbieroy Offline
Executive Member

Update: José has 10 pts, the others 0

#69336 - 01/20/06 02:09 PM Re: TeleMadrid TV: Watch Online!
robbieroy Offline
Executive Member

Now Gustavo has 10 and Jose 5

#69337 - 01/20/06 02:10 PM Re: TeleMadrid TV: Watch Online!
robbieroy Offline
Executive Member

Jose takes lead again with 15 pts to Gustavos 5

#69338 - 01/20/06 02:12 PM Re: TeleMadrid TV: Watch Online!
robbieroy Offline
Executive Member

#69339 - 01/20/06 02:13 PM Re: TeleMadrid TV: Watch Online!
robbieroy Offline
Executive Member

J0se 20 Gustavo 10 Miguel 5

#69340 - 01/20/06 02:14 PM Re: TeleMadrid TV: Watch Online!
robbieroy Offline
Executive Member

On a commercial break now....

#69341 - 01/20/06 02:22 PM Re: TeleMadrid TV: Watch Online!
robbieroy Offline
Executive Member

Miguel is out of the competition, but Jose and Gustavo are going head to head, answering question using the time they have earned.

#69342 - 01/20/06 02:28 PM Re: TeleMadrid TV: Watch Online!
robbieroy Offline
Executive Member

Jose is struggleing with the questions now, as is Gustavo. Gustavo is out of time and now it is up to Jose.

#69343 - 01/20/06 02:31 PM Re: TeleMadrid TV: Watch Online!
robbieroy Offline
Executive Member

Ay, qué mala suerte Jose has answered 9 correctly with 2 wrong and Gustavo has answered 11 correctly with 3 wrong.----- the winner is Gustavo.
Bad luck José you played well.
RR

#69344 - 01/20/06 08:32 PM Re: TeleMadrid TV: Watch Online!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

I can't believe I missed it AGAIN! Well actually, yes, I can believe it. Was away from the house once again doing the same thing as the past previous nights/afternoons. So Torrales, did you win something in the end? Something you could take home the money you won after the first two days?

Saludos, MadridMan

#69345 - 01/23/06 03:30 AM Re: TeleMadrid TV: Watch Online!
Torrales Offline

Robbieroy, you would have been a great sports commentator! clap Many thanks for watching and commenting it, and for your support.

The overall result of my days in "Madrid, metro a metro" is 4 shows, 3 of them won, and arriving at the final in the last one. 3x300 = 900 euro (minus 15% that goes to the IRS-equivalent in Spain) is the monetary balance. And big fun for some days.

#69346 - 01/23/06 06:15 AM Re: TeleMadrid TV: Watch Online!
filbert Offline
Executive Member

Loc: London
Well played Torrales! You've proved (as if proof were needed) that board members here are intelligent and well-informed about Madrid! We're all proud of you!

#69347 - 01/23/06 10:44 AM Re: TeleMadrid TV: Watch Online!
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Well done Torrales! Now you can moonlight as the most knowledgeable tour guide in Madrid wink

Seriously, many congratulations - enjoy your winnings -

and well done Robbieroy - your play-by-play skills are most impressive ... thumbsup

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1742 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments