Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#69290 - 07/03/05 09:01 AM TeleMadrid TV: Watch Online!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I'm HAPPILY watching TeleMadrid: SAT now that my TVEi has been removed from my cable TV. mad

In many ways I like TeleMadrid MORE because it focuses on Madrid. In many other ways, I miss seeing ALL those wonderful programs about other parts of Spain. TeleMadrid does show other segments of Spain from time to time but it does focus on La Comunidad de Madrid. And of course, the video quality on TV is MUCH MUCH better than that which is streaming online.

NOTICE: I just saw that at noon EASTERN USA TIME there's a bullfight on TeleMadrid from Madrid Las Ventas as part of the Summer Bullfight Festival. One of the three bullfighters is FEMALE Mari Paza Vega. Should be interesting and I plan to watch.

You can click the Windows Media Player link for TeleMadrid: SAT on MadridMan\'s Spain Radio, TV, Music, & Movies page .

Enjoy TeleMadrid! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#69291 - 07/03/05 10:18 AM Re: TeleMadrid TV: Watch Online!
mecky Offline

Loc: US
Dear MM
I am so happy that you have a great connection, I am very sad because I have not been able to listen to Top Radio for many days. Can you help? I miss this station, it is so total Spanish that I dont care to listen to any other station. Can you help? With greetings from the hot sunny south, Mecky

#69292 - 07/03/05 10:31 AM Re: TeleMadrid TV: Watch Online!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

TopRadio's web broadcast has been "down" for more than a week now. I miss it too. Nothing I can do about it, I'm afraid. Just be patient and it'll come back. In the meantime, enjoy TeleMadrid TV!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#69293 - 07/03/05 12:51 PM Re: TeleMadrid TV: Watch Online!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

UPDATE: APPARENTLY the Las Ventas bullfights are either on a 1-hour delay OR they're starting the bullfight late because they're starting NOW!

Earlier there was a program on about Madrileños living in Sweden. And afterwards there was a program about wildlife in La Comunidad de Madrid. Interesting, but not the bullfight I was expecting at that time. Still, I'm happy to watch TV from Madrid. smile And now the bullfight!

Saludos, MadridMan

#69294 - 07/04/05 01:52 PM Re: TeleMadrid TV: Watch Online!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

VERY interesting Game Show on right now: "Metro a Metro". The program highlights different metro stops in Madrid and the host asks contestants questions about the nearby surroundings, sometimes historical questions and the like. Very interesting for anyone - LIKE ME!

But one question was "In which plaza is the Neptune Fountain?" The multiple question answers included the Plaza de Cánovas and the Plaza de la Lealtad (and two other possible answers). Interestingly enough, the constestant who answered first answered "Plaza de Cánovas" - WHICH WAS WRONG! I thought to myself, "WHAT?! That's correct!" The next contestant answered "Plaza de la Lealtad" which the host said was correct. Huh?! I checked my map and the Neptune Fountain is in the Plaza de Cánovas and NOT in the adjacent Plaza de la Lealtad. Odd.

Saludos, MadridMan

#69295 - 07/05/05 08:43 AM Re: TeleMadrid TV: Watch Online!
TJGuy Offline

Loc: Florida
OH MAN..this is tooooo cool...between online radio and now online TV, I will never ever get any work done!!

#69296 - 07/08/05 05:10 PM Re: TeleMadrid TV: Watch Online!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Now (11pm local Spain time - 5pm Eastern USA time) is "Mi Calle" where the host spotlights some of Madrid's most interesting streets. RIGHT NOW they're on Calle de Cuchilleros (discussing its numerous names: past and present), just below the Arco de Cuchilleros which is just below the SouthWest corner of Madrid's Plaza Mayor. Now, they're taking a tour through Casa Botín: The world's oldest restaurant. NICE! Wow, I LOVE this channel!! NOW they're showing how they roast the cochinillo/suckling pig. Mmmmmm... :p

Saludos, MadridMan

#69297 - 07/16/05 12:08 PM Re: TeleMadrid TV: Watch Online!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

WONDERFUL! Well, HOT! I'm watching TeleMadrid: SAT and they're interviewing people around the city about how they deal with the heat. Well, they've interviewed some workmen while intalling a new air conditioning unit at a woman's flat. Then, they interviewed some bakers as they were making and baking bread - they can't use A/C because it would lower the necessary heat. They also interviewed a street-cleaner and he showed the frozen bottle of water he kept in his cart. They interviewed a couple of street-sellers "top manta" who had their blanket in the shade. They interviewed a gypsy woman selling flowers from her sidewalk flower stand. They interviewed some youngsters swimming at a swimming pool in the Casa de Campo. Now they're interviewing some farmers of potatoes and they said they have the best air conditioning available - FRESH COUNTRY AIR.

IT'S SO GREAT to have TeleMadrid: SAT online in full, streaming view.

UPDATE: One of my aforementioned favorite segments/shows on TeleMadrid is "Mi Calle". Today/Now they're spotlighting the Calle de Lagasca which is a one-lane, one-way, southbound street in the Barrio Salamanca, just two blocks east of the famed Calle de Serrano. They're interviewing store owners, home-owners (one whose family has lived in this beautiful, big flat since the late 1800s), people-on-the-street, etcetera. I really LOVE this show and it's a great way to learn about the different streets/areas of Madrid City.

Saludos, MadridMan

#69298 - 07/17/05 11:37 AM Re: TeleMadrid TV: Watch Online!
AgenteMunicipal Offline

Loc: Canada
MadridMan said:
Quote:
TopRadio's web broadcast has been "down" for more than a week now. I miss it too. Nothing I can do about it, I'm afraid. Just be patient and it'll come back. In the meantime, enjoy TeleMadrid TV!
Unfortunately Top Radio is still down...However I find that Madrid's Punto Radio is a decent substitute until Top Radio is back up...

#69299 - 08/06/05 12:52 PM Re: TeleMadrid TV: Watch Online!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

RIGHT NOW started the 30-minute program "Una Ciudad BAJO una Ciudad" regarding the tunnels, metro, and other underground features of Madrid. Watch it now!

Saludos, MadridMan

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1742 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments