Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#69270 - 06/07/05 10:24 PM Re: El País Internet Edition Gratis Again
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes desert dweller,it's an obvious scheme to increase their subscriptions.But it seems that is not working because they are "gratis" again.

Other than the color pictures,I didn't see anything special about the newspaper.They express the views of the PSOE,the party in power,but to me that doesn't warrant having to pay for online viewing.

Thumbs down for EL PAIS! laugh

#69271 - 06/09/05 11:40 PM Re: El País Internet Edition Gratis Again
arthurg Offline

Loc: new york
I don't pretend to be well versed or up to speed on the political biases of El País or any other newspapers in Spain. My interest in El País is as a student of the Spanish language and as such enjoy reading the paper because grammatically speaking it seems to be well written. Every time I read a piece in the paper I seem to add at least a word or two to my Spanish vocabulary and as such it seems to be worthwhile especially when I compare El País to the Spanish-language tabloids we have in New York City where I live. I also enjoy their coverage of the arts. It similiar I think to the reasoning wherein I suggest to people learning English that they read the New York Times or the Wall Street Journal no matter what they may think of these papers' politics, ie they are well-written examples of the English language.

#69272 - 06/10/05 01:58 PM Re: El País Internet Edition Gratis Again
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Of course arthurg! Reading newspapers is a very good way to improve your reading skills in spanish.

And El País is as good as any other for this purpose. Just don't think you are going to find the absolute truth in its papers (nor that you were going to find in any other newspaper either) wink

I think MM has a compendium somewhere in his site to find on-line newspapers (some of them have an english version) if you're interested.

Fernando

#69273 - 06/11/05 11:59 AM Re: El País Internet Edition Gratis Again
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Fernando said:
Quote:
Just don't think you are going to find the absolute truth in its papers (nor that you were going to find in any other newspaper either)
Well said, Fernando!! Applause!

I think you have to read at least 10 to 20 to finally get close to the facts, if you are lucky!

#69274 - 06/11/05 12:45 PM Re: El País Internet Edition Gratis Again
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
And then there is the fact that no matter how many newspapers you read it is impossible to guess the truth Booklady wink

But at least it is possible to come close to it.

Fernando

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
1 registered (ChrisS), 1628 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments