Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#69260 - 06/06/05 10:32 PM El País Internet Edition Gratis Again
arthurg Offline

Loc: new york
Last Saturday I happened to be in the Instituto Cervantes library in New York City glancing through the Friday editon of El País. Luckily I noticed an article indicating that beginning that very day access to most of their internet edition is free of charge once again. The website is www.elpais.es.

#69261 - 06/07/05 04:53 AM Re: El País Internet Edition Gratis Again
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
SWEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!! Thanks A LOT for the tip!!! Woo Hoo!!! I wonder if this is just for the summertime in order to lure more online readers and then, BAM!, start charging again for access in the autumn. Regardless, I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#69262 - 06/07/05 08:47 AM Re: El País Internet Edition Gratis Again
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
I understand your happiness but, frankly, I don't want El País not even for free laugh

It's a joke, I read it as frequently as I can to understand their political views. I must admit, though, that they manipulate information as much as they can (even more than other spanish newspapers=.

Fernando

#69263 - 06/07/05 09:24 AM Re: El País Internet Edition Gratis Again
TJGuy Offline

Loc: Florida
yeah baby...somethin' else for free . . . Libertad Digital is a good one page rag but they sure do like to beat up the PSOE... and reading ABC makes me feel like it is 1934 again.... thanks for the heads up!!!

#69264 - 06/07/05 10:03 AM Re: El País Internet Edition Gratis Again
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Fernando wrote:
Quote:
I understand your happiness but, frankly, I don't want El País not even for free
I understand completely, Fernando. You feel about El País just as I feel about ABC. smile But we've got to keep one eye on the other side to see what they're up to.

I always love & laugh when comparing papers' attendance records for the demonstration-of-the-day. Depending on which side is sponsoring the demonstration, one paper will quote (a possibly inflated) 500,000 persons and the other paper will quote (a possibly undervalued) 100,000. Too funny. laugh This happens in either paper for EVERY demonstration, no matter which side sponsors it.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#69265 - 06/07/05 10:32 AM Re: El País Internet Edition Gratis Again
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Wonderful response MM laugh

Sort of like watching/listening to PBS, BBC, CNN & the various network news - and then realizing eek there is FOX - home of 'purported news' as a friend in the biz dubbed it .... eek

#69266 - 06/07/05 02:09 PM Re: El País Internet Edition Gratis Again
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
I completely agree with you MM: I can't stand either El País or ABC. What I really hate is when a newspaper tries to convince me of its objectiveness when we all now how they deal with information.

The problem with El País is not their leftist bias (any newspaper has a certain bias), but that it is the unique newspaper which doesn't hesitate to lie if they fit their business purposes. It is a pitty that it is a monopoly (concentrates all leftist readers, with the exception of those of El Periódico de Cataluña).

I recommend to read as many newspapers as possible to get a good idea of the whole thing smile

Fernando

#69267 - 06/07/05 02:18 PM Re: El País Internet Edition Gratis Again
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Fernando wrote:
Quote:
I recommend to read as many newspapers as possible to get a good idea of the whole thing
That's THE BEST advice anyone could give. smile

Saludos, MadridMan

#69268 - 06/07/05 07:39 PM Re: El País Internet Edition Gratis Again
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've always wondered why in the world El Pais(a leftist newspaper)charges people for viewing their online edition.Isn't this a capitalist(right wing)tactic? confused

#69269 - 06/07/05 08:53 PM Re: El País Internet Edition Gratis Again
desert dweller Offline

Loc: Desert of Arizona
El Marques: Just because they are left wing does not mean that they are stupid. There are people who will pay, so charge them. It is like any woman standing on the street corner in any city in the world will tell you, "why give it away when men will pay for it." They know they are sitting on a gold mine. laugh

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1621 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments