Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#69236 - 05/26/05 02:40 PM Duncan Dhu and Luis Miguel
Agent Sands Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
Anyone a fan of this great Spanish rock band and Mexican crooner?

#69237 - 05/28/05 12:00 PM Re: Duncan Dhu and Luis Miguel
ChavezJH Offline

Loc: Gaeta, Italy
Claro que me encantan hombre. Since Duncan Dhu were before my time, I was first turned on to Mikel Erentxun ( and he continues to be a favorite ) but a little research on CDNow keyed me in to the band. I am a HUGE fan of any kind of Rock in Espanol wether it's from Spain, Argentina, Colombia, Mexico or wherever.
Luis Miguel has been cool with me since the days when my Tia's would gush about how cute he was. (I think my favorite song of his is La Bikina.) What's your favorites?

#69238 - 05/28/05 10:19 PM Re: Duncan Dhu and Luis Miguel
jabch Offline

Yes, a lot of people think Luis Miguel is just a pretty face, but I think the guy is got a wonderful voice, and also a very long career for someone his age. You can't have a career that long and succesful without real talent. Nonetheless, I think he should stop singing boleros and find a new style of music just for a change. I heard Spain's prince and wife went to his concert at Las Ventas some months ago.

#69239 - 05/29/05 07:17 AM Re: Duncan Dhu and Luis Miguel
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
I am a fan of Duncan Dhu, Mikel and Luis Miguel. I have music by all of them.

Duncan Dhu will forever be a favorite since my days studying here in the 80's and then going to pubs to sing along to Cien Gaviotas and then in subsequent years Una Calle de Paris among others! smile

#69240 - 05/31/05 01:36 PM Re: Duncan Dhu and Luis Miguel
Agent Sands Offline

My favorite Duncan Dhu song is "En Algun Lugar" The song was translated in English as "In Some Place." It had a great 80's beat. My favorite Luis Miguel song is "Nada Es Igual," a love song he made popular in the mid-1990's. I sang this song once to a beautiful Galician woman studying in Santiago de Compostela. Ah, the memories!

#69241 - 05/31/05 02:25 PM Re: Duncan Dhu and Luis Miguel
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
At work today - as usual - I'm listening to my last night's recording of Top Radio (from Madrid) and they played Duncan Dhu's "En Algun Lugar" and I thought of this thread. Cool! They also play some Luis Miguel songs and, while fine, they're a bit too love-song-ish for me. hehehe... He does have a fine voice but wears too much hair gel. hahahaa...

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#69242 - 06/01/05 10:43 AM Re: Duncan Dhu and Luis Miguel
Agent Sands Offline

Great!!! Speaking of Spanish rock, was the song, "Al Otro Lado del Rio" by Argentinean singer Jorge Drexler popular in Spain? The song was a minor hit here in the U.S., was nominated as Best Song in the recent Academy Awards from the film, "Los Diarios de Motocicleta," a sleeper hit last fall.

#69243 - 06/02/05 09:23 PM Re: Duncan Dhu and Luis Miguel
Anonymous
Unregistered

Musical multiple choice trivia,

In what country was Luis Miguel born and raised?

a. Mejico
b. Spain
c. Colombia
d. Puerto Rico

P.S Try to answer off the top of your head.Don't look it up(but I know you all will,hehehe).

#69244 - 06/03/05 06:37 AM Re: Duncan Dhu and Luis Miguel
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Not sure of the answer to your question, El Marques de Concha Espina, but remember, this is a "Spain Related Media" forum category. Maybe he was raised in Spain?

Saludos, MadridMan smile

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#69245 - 06/03/05 09:36 AM Re: Duncan Dhu and Luis Miguel
jabch Offline

Marques, L.M. is Mexican, but time ago I heard he came to Mexico only as a baby, that he was really born in Puerto Rico to Spanish dad and Italian mother.

#69246 - 06/03/05 08:06 PM Re: Duncan Dhu and Luis Miguel
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hahahahaha.......it was a trick question.There is no right answer,I just wanted to make your head spin a little :p rolleyes :p rolleyes :p .Most people would have answered Mejico or Puerto Rico outright but the truth is that he was born in Puerto Rico and then moved to Mejico where he was raised.That's why I asked you not to look it up! :p .Nice try MadridMan but jabch you win the prize!!! smile

Anyways what I really wanted to mention is that Luis Miguel has a strong connection with Spain.His father was a spaniard musician who was living in Puerto Rico at the time of his birth.It was his dad that strongly influenced him into starting a career in the music business at a very young age.He also named him Luis Miguel in honor of the great spanish bullfighter Luis Miguel Dominguin who's also the late father of Miguel Bose.

So there you have it.Luis Miguel could apply for spanish citizenship if he wanted to. smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments