Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#6920 - 04/26/04 01:13 PM Family vacation - Costa blanca
fuegofuego Offline

Myself, my husband and 2 year old son will be traveling to the Costa Blanca in late june for 2 weeks. Our idea is to rent an apartment; beachfront (see & hear ocean), located in town (walking distance to resaturants and stores) and child friendly. Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions on towns or specific apartments? Or even good websites? Please share!!!

#6921 - 04/28/04 05:04 PM Re: Family vacation - Costa blanca
Jana Offline

Loc: Tucson
I really like Javea, although it has been many years since we have stayed there. We went to the main beach in town last summer and it was beautiful and perfect swimming for a 2 year old. Fine sand, long shallow bay. Here is a link for a rental, but I'm sure you can find many more.
http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/Spain/s15.htm

My favorite beach is Granadella, a rocky cove with a couple of Paella restaurants and not much more. You would need a car to get there, but it's worth it.

We've been going to Denia every summer for a few years because of friends there, but I think it is too crowded. Have fun!!!

#6922 - 04/30/04 01:50 PM Re: Family vacation - Costa blanca
fuegofuego Offline

Thank you so much for the information. It was just what I was looking for. As it turns out, we found a place to rent on the web site you noted -- perfect for us and our son. The owner was very responsive and gave us a fair price. We will be staying in Denia at Las Marinas. ever heard of it? Thanks again. Lisa

#6923 - 05/02/04 10:06 AM Re: Family vacation - Costa blanca
Jana Offline

Loc: Tucson
I've never stayed at Las Marinas, but have seen it and it looks really nice and close in. As I mentioned, Denia can be pretty crowded, but since you won't be there in August, it shouldn't be too bad. The beach in town is fairly nice. If you go up the coast a ways to the newer part of town, the beach is nicer. Your child will love taking the little train up to the castle. Your little one will see it and be begging you for a ride. Try Fernando's restaurant at the far end of the main beach. However, my favorite restaurant is Mena at Las Rotas. You will need a car or a cab, but it is wonderful food and set on a rocky perch above the sea. We also liked taking the boat to Javea. (Beware if the sea is rough--it's like a really fun carnival ride.) The coast is stunning.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments