Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#69099 - 03/29/05 08:33 PM Spain Radio Station: What is everyone's favourite (favorite)???
AgenteMunicipal Offline

Loc: Canada
What is everyone's favourite (favorite) Spain Radio Station ???

Mine is Top Radio Madrid...I love how they play only Spanish Language Music...and the female radio hosts on this radio station sound muy sexy (my 24 year old mind is getting the best of me... smile )

#69100 - 03/29/05 10:20 PM Re: Spain Radio Station: What is everyone's favourite (favorite)???
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
DOH! My secret's out! TopRadio (in Madrid) is mine too. They ONLY play Spanish-language music, pop, older stuff, flamenco-ish, from Spain and Latin America but most of it is from Spain.

And now that everyone knows, I probably won't be able to connect. wink I tend to set my computer's recorder to record the station as it plays from about 4am - 10am local time. In the morning, I burn the 2 3-hour MP3 files to a CD-RW and take it to work every morning and listen there during the workday. It's GREAT! It's ALMOST like listening LIVE in Madrid!

By the way, do YOU have the same experience I do when listening to Top Radio? For me, the transmission is received perfectly well, perfectly streaming and clearly for about 15 minutes. AFTER 15-minutes the transmission has frequent "breaks" or "spaces". Sometimes these frequent breaks, often coming only a few seconds apart, it gets so annoying I can' listen anymore but then, other times it will go 15-30 minutes between these "breaks". On RARE occasions I've recorded entire 6-hour stretches without a single "break" in transmission. The only way to get a short-term "cure" is to close the Media Player complete and re-click the radio link and RE-start/re-activate the Real Player and then the transmission, once again, is only smooth and without breaks for about 15 minutes. I'd love to hear your feedback about this.

I also like the very clear (and looped in 2-hour increments) Flamenco station on Emisión Digital.

Find TopRadio and just about EVERY OTHER Spanish Radio Station which also broadcasts on the internet on MadridMan\'s Spanish Radio, TV, Music, & Movies page .

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#69101 - 03/30/05 12:58 AM Re: Spain Radio Station: What is everyone's favourite (favorite)???
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
I carry a small AM/FM/Shortwave radio with me when I travel. The two stations that are preset are KISS-FM, 89.0 and another which I forget the letters, 102.7.

They both mix it up a lot, with Spanish rock both vintage and modern, Flamenco and a few English language classics. It is interesting to hear Joaquin Sabina, M-Clan, Paco de Lucia, Ana y Victor and Van Morrison all mixed together.

It is a great antidote to being awake from jetlag at 4 in the morning.

#69102 - 03/30/05 02:48 AM Re: Spain Radio Station: What is everyone's favourite (favorite)???
Espanalover Offline

Loc: EEUU
I thought it was just my computer that caused the breaks in the transmission. I find the same thing happens to me, sometimes it can go on for a long time without "buffering" while other times it happens often. But i take what i can get, some is better than nothing at all!

#69103 - 03/30/05 05:33 AM Re: Spain Radio Station: What is everyone's favourite (favorite)???
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Sometimes I like to listen to RNE (Radio Nacional de España) - which is mainly news and talk radio. Years ago I liked to listen to TeleMadrid Radio but it seems that nearly the majority of music THEY play is in English - and WHO wants to listen to English-language songs when listening to a Spanish radio station from abroad??? hehehehe...

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#69104 - 03/30/05 08:18 AM Re: Spain Radio Station: What is everyone's favourite (favorite)???
mecky Offline

Loc: US
Love Top Radio simply because it is ALL music and simply because it is ALLL in Spanish! Now I must figure out how to recorde of this station so I can burn my own CD's. Oh well more time on the computer

#69105 - 03/30/05 09:33 AM Re: Spain Radio Station: What is everyone's favourite (favorite)???
jabch Offline

I only listen to Cadena Ser (seems to be a very important radio station in Madrid), because they only have talk programs, no music. These talk shows or programs give me a better idea of what's going on in Spain and I love to hear discussions on different issues in Spanish. There’s a program on the air every day beginning at 9:00 am (central time North-America), that always on Wednesdays the host has 3 regulars guests, one from Peru (I think), one from Argentina and one from Venezuela (but living in Spain). It’s very entertaining and a lot of fun. The show is called “La Ventana”.

#69106 - 03/30/05 11:11 AM Re: Spain Radio Station: What is everyone's favourite (favorite)???
ILbunny Offline

Loc: illinois
My favorite is FLAIXFM, thanks to this message board and Madridman! My friend that lives in Sevilla sent me techno music back in 1994 (on tape, it was that long ago) and so I really enjoy the dance music.
If anyone can help me, I would like to know some artists names and would like to either download or buy some CDs.
iMuchas Gracias!

#69107 - 03/30/05 07:56 PM Re: Spain Radio Station: What is everyone's favourite (favorite)???
Eduardo Corrida Offline

Loc: USA
Hey MadridMan,

how do you record Top Madrid onto your computer? (if you dont mind a quick explanation...)

#69108 - 03/30/05 09:59 PM Re: Spain Radio Station: What is everyone's favourite (favorite)???
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

To record audio to your hard drive from either a streaming source or by microphone I use the Total Recorder Standard Edition (version 5.1 now) by High Criteria (web: http://www.highcriteria.com/ ). It's a small program which COSTS $12 (well worth it, really, and you get lifetime UPGRADES to the next newer versions) and you can record in a variety of formats including MP3 - the one I use. It can be a little tricky to setup the first time but once you have it set you can then change some of the settings to your preferences.

Before going to bed I set the Total Recorder to record two time-periods while I'm sleeping. The first one I set the timer to record from, for example, 10pm until 1am, in MP3 format, saved as a particular file name which I designate. The second one I set to record from 1:01am to 4am and to be saved as a particular file name which I designate.

In the morning, I pop in a formatted CD-RW into my CD-RW drive and copy WRITE the previously saved MP3 files from my hard drive to that CD-RW. That copying takes about 15-20 minutes. Then, I take CD-RW and play it on my work computer through the Microsoft Media Player. Thing is, since the individual MP3 files are LARGE - about 124mb each depending on the quality of recording you designate - you cannot play these MP3 files on, say, a portable MP3 player or even on my DVD player which is supposed to play MP3 files - it can't read those files for some reason.

So that's it? Any other questions? I'm happy to answer then. NOW, I have to start the Top Radio stream and then set the Total Recorder.

UPDATE: ARGH!!!! I CAN'T CONNECT TO TOP RADIO!! ARGH!!! rolleyes

Saludos, MadridMan

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Mario70
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2099 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments