Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#68967 - 01/13/05 03:21 PM American television in Spain (how can I get it?)
Spanadian Offline

Loc: Spain
I was wondering if I can get American satalite television in Spain either through a company here in Spain or maybe one in the UK. Specifically I'd like to get all the major American channels like fox, ABC, NBC, HBO etc in English (I'm not above hooking up my own either if I knew it would work).

Anybody have any idea if this is possible here? Don't get me wrong I've been watching lots of Spanish TV over the last two years (Love that Aqui no hay quien viva) but I'm missing my English TV mucho.

Thanks

#68968 - 01/18/05 08:03 PM Re: American television in Spain (how can I get it?)
ninas Offline

Loc: Boston,Massachusetts U.S.A
Spanadian read the thread on TVEi....there you might find the information that you'r looking for laugh

#68969 - 01/19/05 06:12 PM Re: American television in Spain (how can I get it?)
Dommo Offline

Loc: London
I don't know anything about Spanish satellite or cable tv but you could definately get Sky (from the UK). All of the Irish bars etc have this to show the football so it's certainly possible. There is a chance though that they don't offer it to individuals and it's only available to places buying the entertainment license (expensive) version. Sky doesn't have HBO etc on there but it does have the majority of new US shows on Sky One and E4. For eg Sopranos, Six Feet Under etc appear on Sky One not long after starting in the US. You get US news and financial channels also.

I found this (Seriously exhaustive) account of what needs to be done to get Sky TV in Spain.

http://costablancaexpats.net/pats/sky.txt

Also found this :

"USA: SkyDigital has plenty of USA programming, but getting real USA TV from the American Forces Network is a lost cause, unless you know anyone in the USA Forces, who will have a decoder."

Know anyone in the forces? smile

Dommo

#68970 - 01/24/05 02:46 PM Re: American television in Spain (how can I get it?)
Spanadian Offline

Loc: Spain
Thanks guys for responding, I'll check all that out as you both suggested and cross my fingers...thanks again!

S.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments