MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#68917 - 02/28/05 04:05 PM Re: "Mar Adentro" - New Amenábar Movie
OsoMajor Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Garden Grove, California
I was quite surprised and taken by Gwyneth's enthusiam when she announced the winner, I had to rerun it several times on our TiVo.

It was quite a special night for Hispanos as Selma Hayek and Penelope Cruz were presenters together for mixed sound. Selma also introduced Antonio Banderas as he sang the song "El Otro Lado del Rio" from the movie "The Motorcyle Diaries". He was accompanied by Carlos Santana. Antonio's got a wonderful voice, both he and Santana were great! The song was composed by Jorge Drexler of Uruguay.

Check out the interesting comments regarding the song and composer as well as why Antonio was chosen to sing.

http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/oscars/news/apo/20050228/110961750000.html

PS: My niece is a dead ringer for Selma Hayek! I just had to brag! wink laugh

#68918 - 03/01/05 12:23 AM Re: "Mar Adentro" - New Amenábar Movie
Espanalover Offline

Loc: EEUU
Why were you surprised? She lived in Spain for a while with a host family. I read a magazine that did a spread on her and her spanish family!

So glad this movie won, however i still have yet to see it

#68919 - 03/02/05 12:55 AM Re: "Mar Adentro" - New Amenábar Movie
rebelgirl Offline

Loc: New York City
I am delighted that The Sea Inside won the Oscar for best foreign film. It is a truly remarkable film. I wish that the Academy nominated Javier Bardem for his extraordinary performance. I have seen the film twice and look forward to buying a copy of the dvd when it comes out. I told many people to see this film and they have all loved it. I am curious about one thing. It was obvious that JB did not attend the Oscar ceremony on Sunday night. I was wondering if anyone knew why that was. In the meantime, now that the film has won the Oscar I hope that more people will go to see it.

#68920 - 03/30/05 09:34 PM Re: "Mar Adentro" - New Amenábar Movie
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
(originally posted by member Eduardo Corrida on 03-30-2005 08:00 PM)

I wonder why Mar Adentro was translated as "The Sea Inside" when in reality, it should be translated as "Out to Sea" as that is what is truly means.

--------------------
A triunfar en buena lid, defendiendo tu color

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#68921 - 05/27/05 04:45 PM Re: "Mar Adentro" - New Amenábar Movie
Agent Sands Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
I have read that Javier Bardem will star opposite Viggo Mortensen of "Lord of the Rings" trilogy in the film adaptation of Spanish author Arturo Perez-Reverte's Capitan Alatriste novel. Another Spanish actor, Eduardo Noriega of "Thesis" and "Abre los Ojos" fame will be in the film as well. Can't wait to see it next year.

#68922 - 05/27/05 06:39 PM Re: "Mar Adentro" - New Amenábar Movie
madridmadridmadrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: madrid
Viggo was spotted at Chocolateria San Gines by my SO during Semana Santa. I believe they were filming at the time.

#68923 - 05/27/05 09:11 PM Re: "Mar Adentro" - New Amenábar Movie
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
"Mar Adentro" was here in Columbus for about 2 days and I missed it. mad Guess I'll have to see it on DVD - if I can find it. rolleyes

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#68924 - 05/29/05 09:57 PM Re: "Mar Adentro" - New Amenábar Movie
arthurg Offline

Loc: new york
Amazon is usually very good about having titles such as "Mar Adentro" available for sale. If that doesn't work, I'd be happy to look for a copy here in New York City & ship it to you. I plan to buy a copy for myself anyway.

#68925 - 06/05/05 10:10 PM Re: "Mar Adentro" - New Amenábar Movie
arthurg Offline

Loc: new york
Today I purchased a DVD of this movie at one of the Barnes & Noble superstores in New York City. It cost $27.99, but B&N is having a special promotion through the end of the month. If you buy two DVDs, you get a third one free (ie the one that is least expensive). So I also treated myself to a copy of Almodóvar's "Bad Education" ($26.99) as well as a special edition of Fred Astaire's classic "Band Wagon" ($26.99). So my cost for the three DVDs was $54.98.

#68926 - 06/06/05 09:26 AM Re: "Mar Adentro" - New Amenábar Movie
jabch Offline

MM, I found Mar Adentro on DVD at my local Blockbuster like two weeks ago. I'm sure that if they have it here in Kansas City, they also will in your city. By the way (unless you speak Gallego and Catalan) be sure to set up the subtitles to Spanish or English or you will miss some dialogues. I took for granted that the whole movie was in Spanish and kept asking my wife: "What are they saying??? What are they saying??? These guys speak kind of weird!!...." then realized they were Speaking Catalan!! laugh . Gallego was easier to understand.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1600 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments