Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#68858 - 10/21/04 05:26 PM Print Media in Spain
Old-Gringo Offline

Loc: Arizona
Years ago (mid 90's) there was an English language magazine published in Spain called 'Lookout'. Does anyone know if it is still published or if they have a web site (nothing comes up in google)?

Any other recommendations on other English language Magazines?

Old Gringo

#68859 - 10/21/04 06:10 PM Re: Print Media in Spain
Anonymous
Unregistered

Never heard of it. Sorry.

#68860 - 10/22/04 03:25 AM Re: Print Media in Spain
janb Offline

Loc: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Of the early English-language publications, the most respected was the monthly magazine, Lookout, published out of Málaga. Lookout started out as a gossip sheet in Torremolinos, in the days when the Costa del Sol town was a trendy hangout for thrill-seekers and artsy types. When British journalist Ken Brown, who had been appointed as editor, became its publisher in 1972 he gathered a team of professional journalists and photographers, cajoling contributions with a mix of friendly persuasion and work lunches of legendary length. Under Brown, Lookout gained a reputation for its stylish writing, classy photography and authoritative information. (Since 1995 Lookout has been published by Keltike, a Danish-Spanish company based on the Costa del Sol; it is now a lightweight freebie published quarterly and distributed on the Costa del Sol alone, with text in English and Spanish.)

I found this at http://www.spainview.com/media2.html
where you also can find other publications

Greetz,

Jan

#68861 - 10/22/04 10:48 AM Re: Print Media in Spain
Old-Gringo Offline

Loc: Arizona
Too bad. The half dozen or so issues I read were well written and the articles engaging. The photography was first class.

Thanks for the info.

Old Gringo

#68862 - 10/23/04 05:47 AM Re: Print Media in Spain
filbert Offline
Executive Member

Loc: London
There used to be a free magazine available in Madrid bars/clubs called The Broadsheet. Does anyone know if it is still in existence?
Here is the UK there seems to be a few magazines devoted to Spain. As you can imagine a lot of their advertising revenue comes from property companies selling villas/apartments on the Costas (term the Brits use for Mediterranean Spain). A new mag is called Espana Viva, but I don't think they have much of a web site. Another mag is called (I believe) Spanish Life and Property.

#68863 - 10/23/04 06:06 AM Re: Print Media in Spain
janb Offline

Loc: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
The url I mentioned in my previous post also includes The Broadsheet!

Jan

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2073 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments