Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#68770 - 09/03/04 12:09 AM Cyber Cafe in Madrid
mencey Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
My wife will be going to Madrid this weekend, and will be staying near the Pavones Metro Station. Does anybody know of a CyberCafe near this location? Thanks in advance.
PS. Mongo, my wife said she will eat gambas al ajillo in my honor as well!

#68771 - 09/03/04 08:01 PM Re: Cyber Cafe in Madrid
Sheryl Offline

Loc: Lowell, Massachusetts
"My wife will be going to Madrid this weekend, and will be staying near the Pavones Metro Station. Does anybody know of a CyberCafe near this location? Thanks in advance."

I don't know of a specific CyberCafe in this location...however, when I was in Madrid in June, pretty much every bar had some sort of access to the internet. The best place, however, is the old "telefónica"...there they give you a password and access and if you don't use it all at one sitting...you can return at your leisure.

Sheryl

#68772 - 09/03/04 08:40 PM Re: Cyber Cafe in Madrid
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Sheryl wrote:
Quote:
however, when I was in Madrid in June, pretty much every bar had some sort of access to the internet.
What??? Really?? I've never seen any kind of internet terminal in any normal bar in Madrid. Is this kind of thing becoming "normal"??? confused

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#68773 - 09/03/04 09:11 PM Re: Cyber Cafe in Madrid
mencey Offline
Executive Member

Sheryl, thanks for the respnse, but I guess I should have rephrased my question. I am actually looking for a cybercafe,with a fax machine, because I need to fax some important documents to my wife.

#68774 - 09/03/04 11:06 PM Re: Cyber Cafe in Madrid
Sheryl Offline

First...Madridman...pretty much every bar on the Gran Vía and around Sol and Plaza Mayor have computer terminals. Not to mention the Velázquez and Goya areas. Also, there are computer terminals in Atocha and the bus terminals. Most hostals, at least the ones where I have stayed over the years, have allowed me to use theirs from time to time.

Mency...As far as fax machines...Europe is somewhat difficult. By that I mean...the Post Office usually states that a fax must go to another postoffice (do they know for sure?...No way).

There is, however, in Madrid, a system of stores much like Kinkos...unfortunately, the name escapes me. They have fax, xerox, and computer terrminals and they are open 24/7. There is a surcursal walking down Jerónimo towards Neptuno (about a block past el Museo de Jamón and next to El Café Ducado). This place is not a bar...but it's right next to 2 or 3.

Sheryl

P.S. Most computers have a system from which you can send a fax to a fax (and not computer).

#68775 - 09/08/04 04:26 PM Re: Cyber Cafe in Madrid
kk49827 Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
The name of the place that is like Kinko's is Workcenter.

The last time I was in Madrid I think there were 2 or 3 of them in the city. I'm not sure what area you will be in but maybe you won't be far from one. It's a great place to get work done if you have to. Their computers have everything you need on them.

#68776 - 09/08/04 06:30 PM Re: Cyber Cafe in Madrid
madridmadridmadrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: madrid
You can send a fax from most papelerias. There's bound to be one very close to where ever you are staying. They usually follow normal business hours (that is, they close for the siesta and close for the day around 8:00pm). There are also internet cafes all over. Some have fax machines and some don't.

I've never seen a computer terminal at any bar in Madrid, either! Must just be in the super-touristy spots.

#68777 - 09/08/04 07:47 PM Re: Cyber Cafe in Madrid
Sheryl Offline

So there is no misunderstanding...for me, a computer terminal means a computer with internet access as well as word processing possibilities. That's it...no ritzy bars...no touristy places...never been to any...lived too many years in Madrid and Italy to go there.

Sheryl

P.S. Workcenter...that's the name, as mentioned in another post.

#68778 - 09/11/04 04:47 PM Re: Cyber Cafe in Madrid
mencey Offline
Executive Member

Thank you all for your help. My wife found a papeleria with a fax machine, which we were able to use. Thanks again.

#68779 - 09/12/04 06:44 AM Re: Cyber Cafe in Madrid
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
If you find yourself staying outside of the central tourist area, as previously mentioned Workcenter is like a Kinkos and can get your copying, digital processing done in a jiffy as well as providing internet access and fax services.

Don´t be hesitant to also check out your neighborhood locutorio. Generally these are small mom & pop run businesses set up (usually) by immigrants to serve the immigrant population in the area with internet access, phone booths to call home, fax services as well as modest copying services.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments