Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#68745 - 08/20/04 07:44 PM Finding Spanish films in the US
marilisa Offline

Loc: Virginia (EE.UU.)
I don't know if someone has asked about this before, but I'm interested in finding Spanish films to purchase here in the US. I've looked at amazon.com and quite a few of them are out of stock (and have been for awhile). Right now I'm interested in finding Carlos Saura's Dance Trilogy -- "Carmen," "Bodas de Sangre," and "El Amor Brujo." I think Antonio Gades, who recently passed away, was in all of these films. Does anyone know where (on the Internet) I could find these?
I appreciate any help I can get. Thank you all.

marilisa

#68746 - 08/21/04 04:14 PM Re: Finding Spanish films in the US
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Hola Marilisa,
I just bought a few French and Spanish films from a library source, that also sells to individuals, they are DV&A I made an announcement about this in the Teacher's Board.

Good luck,
Carmen

#68747 - 08/22/04 03:17 PM Re: Finding Spanish films in the US
la calma Offline

Loc: Germany
Hola Marilisa,

there is a very good flamenco page on the net with informations on artists and upcoming events. They also have an online store, where you can buy CD´s, DVD´s etc. They`ll surely have the movies you are looking for - those are classics. And Antonio Gades is in all of them. Address is www.flamenco-world.com , they ship worldwide.
Have you checked amazon? They could have those, too.
Enjoy!
From Prussia with Love,
la calma

#68748 - 08/22/04 03:20 PM Re: Finding Spanish films in the US
la calma Offline

Loc: Germany
...silly me, I just read again, you have checked amazon - of course. - I guess, I should not post replies when I am post call and too tired...
Good luck!
la calma

#68749 - 08/30/04 07:50 PM Re: Finding Spanish films in the US
marilisa Offline

Loc: Virginia (EE.UU.)
I just wanted to thank Booklady and La Calma for the suggestions. I am happy to report that I received all three films today! I just finished watching "Carmen." I went back to amazon.com and saw that there were films under the "new & used" category through other sellers. I decided to give it a try and I am so pleased!

Thank you all again!
marilisa

#68750 - 08/30/04 08:27 PM Re: Finding Spanish films in the US
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
marilisa, I've bought SO many Spanish DVDs and VHS, both new and used, through Amazon.com.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#68751 - 08/31/04 09:50 AM Re: Finding Spanish films in the US
mmh166 Offline

Loc: Philadelphia
I always have luck at Barnes and Noble and Borders bookstores. Typically, you can find the more mainstream, buzzworthy hits there... you know, films by Almodovar, etc... I doubt you'll find anything obscure, but at least it's a start.

#68752 - 09/01/04 12:23 AM Re: Finding Spanish films in the US
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Madridman, did you ever get Kilometro Zero?

Another great place to obtain resonable films is E-Bay. I just got a 4 video set on the Life of Theresa De Jesus. A Spanish production with English subtitles.

Saludos,
Carmen

#68753 - 09/01/04 12:34 AM Re: Finding Spanish films in the US
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Booklady, no, I never was able to find Km. 0 but will keep trying. I recently bought through Amazon.com's Marketplace (for used stuff) the Spanish DVD movies (Region 1 for North America) Sex and Lucía (great movie) and the Almodóvar movie Habla con Ella. Actually, I think both were new (through a kind of dealer) but only cost about $7 each + shipping.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#68754 - 09/01/04 07:17 AM Re: Finding Spanish films in the US
ChrisR Offline

Loc: D.C.
Just remember that lots of those "new" DVDs that are sold on E-bay and I believe to some extent through Amazon marketplace are probably pirated copies. I've seen several and they come without the commercial packaging and how else could they offer them for less than half the retail price?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1742 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments