MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 9 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Topic Options
#68700 - 06/10/05 01:24 PM Re: TVEi in USA: Televisión Española Internacional
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
jabch, it was the former. I turned on the TV last night to my channel 962. The onscreen channel guide still showed it to be TVEi and the program name was GENTE - one I've seen MANY times, hosted by the $#%^&!@ gorgeous Sonia Ferrer (schwing!!) and what I SEE is an upper-righthand corner channel graphic showing 52MX in a small box. The program showing at that time was one based IN Madrid but I didn't recognize the name (and can't remember it now) so I thought it was just a new show since the onscreen channel guide for TVEi is almost ALWAYS wrong anyway. After the program, a drama/sitcom (which takes place at a kind of newspaper office) was over there was some unusual video graphics, naming MX52 as the channel, then came some news spoken in Mexican Spanish about somethings in Mexico. At first I thought TVEi was just branching out or that this hour was being "leased" by this particular channel. NOPE. It went on and on, showing Mexican baseball scores, video of soccer games, and other things.

There was no letter - unless it was in the stacks of apparent junk mail they include with the monthly bill. The woman on the phone said that sometimes these changes are made without warning and the update hadn't yet taken place on the onscreen channel guide.

What a terrible disappointment to have that DIRECT CONNECTION TO SPAIN pulled out from under me. Those programs on Galicia were so wonderful on the weekends and the movies, while not always of the highest quality, THEY WERE FROM SPAIN! I could rely on SEEING the news daily about what's going on in Spain, in Madrid, and even world politics from Spain's point of view (or at least from TVEi's point of view). So that's that. How sad I am.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#68701 - 06/11/05 03:38 PM Re: TVEi in USA: Televisión Española Internacional
robbieroy Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Scotland
Sorry about your sad loss MM - I certainly would be very disappointed if this happened to me. If you don't feel up to the channels from Andalucia, then try this link (it might make you feel more "at home"): http://212.80.167.233/emisora2
Enjoy
Robbieroy

#68702 - 06/11/05 04:56 PM Re: TVEi in USA: Televisión Española Internacional
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Hey, thanks!

I was aware of http://212.80.167.233/emisora1 , which is TeleMadrid's "La Otra", but what is http://212.80.167.233/emisora2 ? I mean, is it TeleMadrid "Proper"? From the graphics shown in the background it is "La Otra" - which I already have listed on the " MadridMan\'s Radio, TV, Music, & Movies " page.

What's the difference between the two? I doubt "La Otra" has TWO individual channels. Also, I know that "La Otra" does not broadcast 24-hours and is mainly a music-related station.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#68703 - 06/12/05 03:39 AM Re: TVEi in USA: Televisión Española Internacional
robbieroy Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Scotland
Hi MM -
The good news is that they two links provide access to DIFFERENT transmissions. This morning, your link for La Otra was showing a test card, whilst the second link was showing sports news.
I think that this is the REAL DEAL - Telemadrid Sat.
Their home page is: http://www.telemadrid.es/ and on this page you can see links to La Otra BUT ALSO to Telemadrid.
Their programme schedule can be accessed at http://www.telemadrid.es/rejilla/programacion.asp
Now looking at their schedule for tomorrow (Monday), you will see programmes like:

07:00 TELENOTICIAS MATINAL
Presentado por Álvaro Santos de lunes a viernes y de 7:00 a 7:30 horas, proporciona al espectador información útil referente al tráfico, sucesos, tiempo o repaso de la prensa, además de las últimas noticias.

09:30 BUENOS DIAS, MADRID
La información matinal de primera mano, en un magazine informativo conducido por ALIPIO GUTIÉRREZ y BEGOÑA TORMO. Información meteorológica: ANTONIO LÓPEZ; Información deportiva: CHUS GALÁN.

14:00 TELENOTICIAS PRIMERA EDICIÓN

Presentado por Víctor Arribas y Susana Pfingsten, ofrece una primera parte, más amplia, dedicada a la información regional y de Madrid, y una segunda, que aborda las noticias nacionales e internacionales.

16:00 GRAN VIA DE MADRID
Hoy, entrevista a ANA BOTELLA. También se hará un homenaje a la pareja irrepetible JUANITO NAVARRO y QUIQUE CAMOIRAS. Presenta, Marta Robles.

18:00 MADRID DIRECTO
Programa informativo de reportajes y conexiones en directo que presenta INMACULADA GALVÁN. El equipo del programa acerca a los madrileños las últimas noticias de cultura, espectáculo, ocio, medicina, naturaleza, actualidad.

I often watch this channel, and have seen very little in the way of music videos.

Regards
Robbieroy

#68704 - 06/12/05 08:52 AM Re: TVEi in USA: Televisión Española Internacional
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Thanks for those programming details, robbieroy. I'm watching TeleMadrid SAT NOW! From the programming link you posted above for Monday, the hours of regular programming of TeleMadrid does seem to be 24 hours. I'll watch first thing tomorrow morning to see if it corresponds to the programming. Can't wait!

Not sure why, but the video sometimes turns green (and upside down!) until I STOP/START the Windows Media Player (latest version).

And HEY!! Maybe THEY'LL broadcast the REAL MADRID games live!!?!?!?!!?! That'd be GREAT!! Tomorrow, on Monday's programming page, they are playing a RETRANSMISSION of the REAL MADRID B-ZARAGOZA B. match (not sure what the "B" is there).

I've added the link to Multimedia Page and AT LEAST I can watch Madrid TV during the evening and on the weekends! That's GREAT! THANKS SO VERY VERY VERY VERY MUCH, robbieroy. You're the best!!

Saludos, MadridMan

#68705 - 06/13/05 02:29 AM Re: TVEi in USA: Televisión Española Internacional
Anonymous
Unregistered

Real Madrid B is the "farm" team of Real Madrid.This is where the younger players that are brought up by the club get to play until they are ready to be called up by the "big team".They get to play in one of the lesser division leagues like Segunda Division B or Tercera Division.

A similar comparison would be,what the Columbus Clippers is to the New York Yankees.

#68706 - 08/28/05 10:38 AM Re: TVEi in USA: Televisión Española Internacional
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

I MISS MY TVEi!!!! Wow, how I loved watching those beautifully produced weekend programs on Galicia (and many other regions of Spain), watching the live video/news everyday, and many other things I miss dearly. What a shame they "RIPPED" TVEi from my cable lineup. rolleyes

But those programs on Galicia... Mmmm.... Wonderful.

Saludos, MadridMan

#68707 - 09/04/05 12:15 AM Re: TVEi in USA: Televisión Española Internacional
Silvita Offline

Loc: Chicago
MadridMan:

Comcast did that to me, too, here in Chicago. I was so distraught that I went out and got DirectTV the next day!

When I cancelled with Comcast, I told them the reason they were losing a 7-year customer is because they took away the best channel in the lineup!

I could not do without my frequent glimpses of hottie Alex Casademunt on the Saturday night variety shows.

Page 9 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments