MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#68690 - 01/25/05 06:19 PM Re: TVEi in USA: Televisión Española Internacional
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
Hey MM, it is soooo fabulous to watch everyday, even though some shows I would never seek out in English, but in Castellano, it's a totally different thing!

#68691 - 01/25/05 10:08 PM Re: TVEi in USA: Televisión Española Internacional
MATADOR Offline

Loc: BOSTON
Yep, I recently got the dish network. I get this channel HITN. It carries news and old shows from spain. Mostly madrid and basque country.

#68692 - 01/27/05 06:32 PM Re: TVEi in USA: Televisión Española Internacional
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I'm loving watching a program called "Esto es Vida" where a few people sit around a TV monitor and talk about topics of life.

Tonight's topic is THE WEATHER! Ha! I have to chuckle watching them talk about how affected was Spain, Madrid, Soria, Burgos, etcetera by the recent snowfall and the low-temperatures. We have more snow outside of my window RIGHT NOW and I'm still driving to work everyday without problem. Now Burgos, THAT was something REALLY SPECTACULAR, to be sure, but the "dust" of snow they had in Madrid? And the low temperatures? PUH-LEASE!!! rolleyes hehehe..

I'm just happy to have TVEi and to see AND HEAR the programs, the news, the specials, etcetera. Makes me feel like I'm in my own little "Spain Bubble" right here in Columbus, Ohio, USA. smile

Saludos, MadridMan laugh

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#68693 - 01/30/05 02:32 PM Re: TVEi in USA: Televisión Española Internacional
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

For the few of you whom have TVEi, Los Premios Goya (GOYA AWARDS - Annual Spanish Movie Awards) are shown LIVE this afternoon at 4pm Eastern USA time or 10pm mainland Spain time. Can't wait!!! Wow, I'm THRILLED to be able to watch these awards LIVE!!! Hahahaha... I can't believe it. Wonderful!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#68694 - 03/27/05 05:06 PM Re: TVEi in USA: Televisión Española Internacional
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

MadridMan is in heaven once again. Another program on Galicia is being shown on TVEi. Just heavenly. For an hour now I've been seeing the hillsides, vineyards, lakes, rivers, convents, and small villages of BEAUTIFUL Galicia. The program on TVEi is called "Galicia Para el Mundo". They have a website too @ http://www.GaliciaParaElMundo.com .

While not suprising, it's a shame more "outsiders" (i.e. non-Spaniards) aren't visiting this incredibly green, nature-filled region of Spain. Thank goodness I have TVEi!!

Saludos, MadridMan smile

#68695 - 03/28/05 11:47 AM Re: TVEi in USA: Televisión Española Internacional
jabch Offline

I think that TVEi is great, if not the best international channel in Spanish (meaning cultural content, reliable news and entertainment programs). I used to watch it a lot. Now in Kansas City, I can’t see it and had to settle for Univision. I think TVEi has more “class” than other Spanish-language TV chains in the U.S.

For example, Univision still has a long way to go. They mostly show old programs from Venevision (Venezuela) and movies and soap operas produced by Televisa (Mexico...Ok, Ok...I admit it, I am watching 'Apuesta por un Amor' on Univison rolleyes ). Also, Univision’s own shows always have to show women wearing bikinis. I still want to see a woman giving the weather forecast on Univision wearing a formal suit, like in TVE. Have you also noticed that? I agree, women are beautiful, but don’t make them your main selling product.

The other good thing is that once in a while TVE produces documentaries from others countries of the world, especially from Latin-America and shows quality movies from the whole Spanish-speaking world. In addition, last year the Spanish government designated a group of people to make a plan that improves TVE. So it is supposed to get even better.

Finally, remember that TVEi mostly caters to the international community interested in Spain, not to people living in Spain. So in this regard I consider TVEi is doing a good job.

#68696 - 06/09/05 07:26 PM Re: TVEi in USA: Televisión Española Internacional
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

I'M SCREWED! No more TVEi for MadridMan! Seems my cable company has REMOVED TVEi and replaced it with a channel from Mexico (52MX). I'm SO disappointed! I even called to complain to my cable company but they really can't do anything except pass along my complaint. OH MAN! I'm SO UPSET!! And SO SAD!! No more News from Madrid! No more live video! No more of those wonderful Sunday tourism programs about Galicia!! No more Spanish movies on Saturday nights! No more ANYTHING from Spain! JUST KILL ME, WHY DON'TCHA?! Sheeeesh!! rolleyes Wow. That's REALLY upsetting. TVEi was just about the ONLY TV I ever watch!

This thread started 11 months ago and at my first posting I didn't think it'd get much attention. Wow, was I wrong. A lot of it was just me sharing my excitement with a program I'd just seen but many of you shared that excitement with me. I had TVEi on ALL WEEKEND LONG as I worked away on the computer.

So upset, disappointed, depressed. frown

#68697 - 06/10/05 10:19 AM Re: TVEi in USA: Televisión Española Internacional
jabch Offline

I'm sorry MM. I think you can also get it through Dish Network.

http://www.idishnetwork.com/programming_dishlatino.php

#68698 - 06/10/05 10:24 AM Re: TVEi in USA: Televisión Española Internacional
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Thanks, jabch. I'd consider that if I didn't live in an apartment complex where dishes aren't allowed. rolleyes Guess I'm back to just watching Andalusian TV on the internet. Not quite the same. I always squirmed in my chair when the newsperson on TVEi would start the news saying, "Hola y buenos dias desde Madrid". <heavy sigh... rolleyes >

Saludos, MadridMan

#68699 - 06/10/05 10:28 AM Re: TVEi in USA: Televisión Española Internacional
jabch Offline

No to be dramatic, but tell us how this happended. You turned on you tv and suddenly something looked different or they sent you a letter, or what?

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 3024 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments