Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#68680 - 12/19/04 11:02 AM Re: TVEi in USA: Televisión Española Internacional
el viajero Offline

I agree that TVE is not always the best of Spanish TV, but I enjoy the international version anyway. For those of us whose cable services do not offer TVE-i, it's also available as a subscription item for viewing online via www.jumptv.com. My understanding it that the high-bandwidth version is more PC-friendly than it is Mac-friendly.

#68681 - 12/22/04 05:44 AM Re: TVEi in USA: Televisión Española Internacional
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
COOOOL! :ccol: I'm watching NOW the "Lotería Nacional" on TVEi! I've never seen this lottery live before. The children call out the hundreds of numbers which roll into a bowl in fast sequence. I imagine this will be on TV most of the morning. I just called a friend in Madrid and she said she was not watching the lottery because the constant mantra of the calling, in her words, "me ponga nerviosa". laugh

I LOVE begin able to watch all these annual Christmas holiday traditions on TVEi!!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#68682 - 01/12/05 04:51 PM Re: TVEi in USA: Televisión Española Internacional
ninas Offline

Loc: Boston,Massachusetts U.S.A
Hi everyone! I also agree with some people on this thread........the spanish channels that we receive on the east coast are only from South and Central American Countries....I also would like to have channels from Spain because then you get differant points of view than those that the "other" channels have portrayed and of course the accents,I loooooooooooove the various accents from all over Latin America and actually I'm turning into a really good country guesser!!! laugh

By the way I have Comcast...If I ask them for the TVEi...Do you guys think I could get it? confused

#68683 - 01/12/05 05:55 PM Re: TVEi in USA: Televisión Española Internacional
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

ninas wrote:
Quote:
By the way I have Comcast...If I ask them for the TVEi...Do you guys think I could get it?
I'm certain they won't give it to you just because YOU ask. They'll have to get hundreds (if not thousands) of requests before they'll consider adding it to their latino lineup but they won't offer JUST that channel as a single add-on, no. Your best chance is that TVEi MIGHT be included in their Latino package (if they have one) like they do with mine. I pay an extra $9/month for the 15+ Spanish-language channels but I really only ever watch the one from Spain, TVEi.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#68684 - 01/13/05 06:30 PM Re: TVEi in USA: Televisión Española Internacional
ninas Offline

That sounds like too much work for me!!

Oh well,I'll just have to settle for Univision and Cuentavision.............. frown

#68685 - 01/13/05 08:14 PM Re: TVEi in USA: Televisión Española Internacional
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

ninas wrote:
Quote:
That sounds like too much work for me!!
Can't be too difficult to visit your cable company's website to see if they even offer a Latino Package with TVEi included. At least you'll know for sure and can put your mind at ease. smile For me, just having the Madrid, Spain-based news available to me is well worth the $9/month.

Saludos, MadridMan

#68686 - 01/14/05 05:20 PM Re: TVEi in USA: Televisión Española Internacional
ninas Offline

Well... I am going to ask my local cable company if they offer it but if they don't I'll just have to settle. wink

#68687 - 01/17/05 10:12 AM Re: TVEi in USA: Televisión Española Internacional
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Just saw on TVEi that María Martín, middle-aged woman in Madrid, came home to her flat to find a drunken, sleeping robber under her bed! She re-enacted the scene for the TVE camera. How funny but what a shock! I had to wonder why the robber, who entered through the kitchen window on the 3rd floor eek , didn't sleep ON TOP of the bed instead of under it! Well, he was drunk so who knows. rolleyes

Saludos, MadridMan

#68688 - 01/22/05 04:51 PM Re: TVEi in USA: Televisión Española Internacional
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
Yeah! This thread inspired me to seek out TVEi here in San Diego. I looked on Tuesday, and by Thurs. I was watching Cuentame!
Anyone interested in So.Cal, it's available through Directtv. latino package!

#68689 - 01/22/05 05:04 PM Re: TVEi in USA: Televisión Española Internacional
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Woo Hoo! That's GREAT news, laduque! Isn't it absolutely fantastic to be able to watch TV + news from Spain?

Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 3014 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments