MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#68670 - 10/14/04 07:59 PM Re: TVEi in USA: Televisión Española Internacional
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Wow! That's great, caminante. The Antena3 Internacional info is @ http://www.antena3tv.com/internacional/ . In the USA, it's only available in New York & Miami. rolleyes Maybe it'll be picked up by more cable companies soon.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#68671 - 10/14/04 11:11 PM Re: TVEi in USA: Televisión Española Internacional
pinofas Offline

Loc: Alpedrete (Madrid)
Caminante, you MUST to see "Aqui no hay quien viva", maybe one of the bests tv shows made in Spain ever!!! It's breaking TV viewing records!

It's available on Antena 3 International.

http://www.antena3tv.com/aqui

#68672 - 10/22/04 11:24 AM Re: TVEi in USA: Televisión Española Internacional
Old-Gringo Offline

Loc: Arizona
Can someone please post a comprehensive list of which cable satellite providers offer Spanish (as in Spain) television?

Mil gracias.

Old Gringo

#68673 - 11/18/04 05:38 AM Re: TVEi in USA: Televisión Española Internacional
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

I happened to wake up early (4:30 a.m. :eek ) and decided to do some things on the computer and turned on TVEi. On it is one of those shows where there happen to be two women sitting around a glass coffee table talking and showing video clips of Spanish stars/personalities being followed on the streets or videotaped from afar at some nightclub or the like. rolleyes I really don't care for these programs but it is interesting to me to see what some Spaniards enjoy and, maybe, to learn more about the Spanish culture and psyche.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#68674 - 11/18/04 05:46 AM Re: TVEi in USA: Televisión Española Internacional
Anonymous
Unregistered

there is abig debate this days about that "prensa del corazón", aka "televisión basura", because many people is fed up with it.

Not all "televisión basura" is "prensa del corazón", but all "prensa del corazón" is "televisión basura". Unfortunately, the Government has taken advantage to try once again to ban all that they consider unapropiate for kids till 10 p.m., which means that if you want to have a good film you have to begin to see it the hour you'd have to begin to sleep to be fit for tomorrow's workday. eek

Althought there are women that don't like that and men who do, this matter is very segmented in spanish population. Women use to love it, and most men use to despice it and be fed up with it. Like with "Gran Hermano" type shows.

#68675 - 11/18/04 05:52 AM Re: TVEi in USA: Televisión Española Internacional
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Ignacio wrote:
Quote:
there is abig debate this days about that "prensa del corazón", aka "televisión basura", because many people is fed up with it.
I've read about that and I have mixed feelings about it. In one way, yes, these programs probably do not benefit the society in any useful, enriching way but people are "hungry" to know what the stars are doing everyday. rolleyes But on the other hand, censoring the press/TV of these shows which show no nudity or have no violence, whether they're trash or not, probably does infringe upon the rights of the citizens. I suppose there's a fine line where government should or should not legislate or regulating what's moral and useful information for its citizens.

This particular program is called "Por Mañana", all talking about weddings and showing clips of "reporters" asking questions to stars in Barajas airport, on the street, on the beach, etcetera. What a bother! But I suppose, in some way, it keeps people interested in these people and keeps the citizens buying tickets to these "stars'" concerts, movies, watching their TV shows, etcetera.

Saludos, MadridMan

#68676 - 11/18/04 06:39 AM Re: TVEi in USA: Televisión Española Internacional
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, it's the fish biting it's own tail. It feeds a hunger, and through promoting this culture of gossip on stars or famous people, they stimulate that hunger.

#68677 - 12/04/04 09:15 AM Re: TVEi in USA: Televisión Española Internacional
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Wow. I'm here giggling like a fool. RIGHT NOW I'm watching on TVEi LIVE video of the traffic exiting Madrid (and around Spain) of the "atascos"/traffic-jams beginning the "Puente"/long-weekend in Spain. They're talking about traffic issues all over Spain but it absolutely THRILLS me that from here, in Columbus, Ohio, USA, I can see LIVE video of traffic just outside of Madrid. It's like looking out the window! Ridiculous, yes, that it thrills me but it does.

And NOT thrilled that it happened, it fascinates me that I'm able to watch/follow news coverage of the situation with the 5 bombs at gas stations outside of Madrid which took place last night.

On Friday nights they show more-or-less-modern movies made in/from Spain. I always look forward to these.

Saludos, MadridMan

#68678 - 12/19/04 09:29 AM Re: TVEi in USA: Televisión Española Internacional
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

This morning I've been watching the annual holiday traditions on TVEi like buying of Turrón (almond, chocolate kind of candy popular at this time), SHOPPING at Madrid's newly transformed, old train station of Princípe Pío, training for the children to call out the numbers/money for the holiday Lottery as well as its history and interviews with some of the ORIGINAL callers of the lottery, and other related things. It's SO interesting!

I WISH I COULD BE IN SPAIN FOR CHRISTMAS EVE!! I've never experienced this or the relative calm of the following Christmas Day. Must be something interesting. Something special.

Saludos, MadridMan

#68679 - 12/19/04 10:49 AM Re: TVEi in USA: Televisión Española Internacional
Nativo Offline

Loc: Madrid
One great detail about principe pio is that since it's a railway facility, the shopping center is free from opening shedule limitations....thus it's opened everyday .

Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 3047 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments