MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#68630 - 07/27/04 04:55 PM Re: TVEi in USA: Televisión Española Internacional
fmiketheman Offline

Loc: ny,ny
hey everybody

i can't get that channel on dtv para todos,because they changed to satellite transmission.
so because i live in an apartment building they(now you know)cant install the satellite,even on the roof. frown mad

when is internet going to have NORMAL viewing conditions rolleyes
and when is cable (as booklady mention) going to retransmit tve internacional.) rolleyes

#68631 - 07/30/04 01:39 PM Re: TVEi in USA: Televisión Española Internacional
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
I would gladly trade any of the garbage local LA Spanish channels [KRCA, KWHY, etc.] for even half a day of TVE. If I turn on the TV one more time and see "El Show de Downey Dodge" or "La Extravaganza de Keystone Ford" I'm gonna lose it!

#68632 - 07/30/04 01:46 PM Re: TVEi in USA: Televisión Española Internacional
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!! Not to mention those hokey (i.e. silly) Argentinian soap operas with their over-the-top plots and over-the-top makeup and their non-representative-of-the-population actors.

TVEi has been SUCH a relief from the normal, everyday garbage on typical corporate TV. Really. I would've paid the extra $9/month (or more!) for ONLY TVEi station and not the other 23 Spanish-language stations I got and don't watch.

Have a good weekend, everyone!!

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#68633 - 07/30/04 04:31 PM Re: TVEi in USA: Televisión Española Internacional
fmiketheman Offline

Loc: ny,ny
hey everybody

no offence
but since tve and other channels are so great(?)
then can you please tell why people in spain only watch around 3 hours of tele a day?

#68634 - 07/30/04 08:08 PM Re: TVEi in USA: Televisión Española Internacional
mencey Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
Yeah and two of those hours are CSI Miami and reruns of Baywatch!

#68635 - 07/30/04 10:01 PM Re: TVEi in USA: Televisión Española Internacional
Monofeo Offline

Loc: Metro Los Angeles, California
Fmiketheman,

The reason Spaniards only watch 3 hrs of tv is because they are in Spain, and we are not. If I was living in Spain, I don't think I would be watching much TV. wink

Monofeo

#68636 - 07/31/04 10:27 AM Re: TVEi in USA: Televisión Española Internacional
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Good answer, Monofeo (cute name)! I'm with you!

Quote:
but since tve and other channels are so great(?)
then can you please tell why people in spain only watch around 3 hours of tele a day?
3 hours a day?? Is it THAT much?? Remember, the typical workday in Spain ends in the evening, not at 5pm and then there's the family dinner, etcetera. 3-hours might be the length of time it takes to watch some soccer/fútbol matches. wink

It's also because Spaniards are generally VERY Social and OUTDOOR people. They'd MUCH rather be chatting with friends on a terraza somewhere than be chained to their couches/sofa and watching TV for hours and hours at a time like other countries we know, just waiting for the next Reality Show to be introduced so we'll have MORE reasons for "Must See TV". Ugh. rolleyes The term "couch potato" (or as Dan Quayle would probably write it, "Couch Potatoe" ) was invented, I think, in the USA. hehehe.. wink

*I* watch TVEi as much as I do (that is, I have it ON the TV while I'm sitting at my desk at the computer and spin around occasionally to see what's showing) because it lets me know, firsthand, what's going on in Spain, seeing (sometimes) LIVE images in Spain, and it makes me feel (in some part of my brain) like I'm IN Spain. But you can bet if I lived IN Spain I wouldn't still be watching TVE!! That would be crazy!!!

But for those not living in Spain, tell your cable company, "I WANT MY TVEi!!!"

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#68637 - 07/31/04 01:29 PM Re: TVEi in USA: Televisión Española Internacional
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Quote:
But for those not living in Spain, tell your cable company, "I WANT MY TVEi!!!"

rolleyes I'm trying as hard as I can!!!! It's not asking for much, is it? I pay a bundle to watch overrated movies and two stupid shopping channels, can't those TW executives understand that BBC America is not enough for me, I need spain too!
%^&*(*&!!! eek

Saludos,
Carmen

#68638 - 08/03/04 04:49 PM Re: TVEi in USA: Televisión Española Internacional
thetoro Offline

Loc: Madrid
Nice for you, But if you ask any Spanish person about TVE, he/she'll tell you TVE sucks, it's a good way to learn Spanish, but his shows arent very good. An American friend told me he could see TVEI and CNN+ (CNN SPanish version). Maybe in a future you will can see Antena3I, it's better than TVEI.
question what is your Cable company? Comcast or Carter Pipeline?

#68639 - 08/03/04 05:51 PM Re: TVEi in USA: Televisión Española Internacional
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

TVEi sucks, eh? hehehe.. well, maybe, but when it's the only thing you have from Spain then it's GREAT. laugh I also have CNNespañol but never watch it. Is that the same as CNN+? I too would love to get Antena3 but.....

My cable company is Insight Communications .

Saludos, MadridMan

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments