Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#68573 - 05/14/04 03:04 AM Toledo street map - Madrid streets
ditravelphoto Offline

Loc: Seattle
I know I read in another post somewhere on the board that someone had bought a street map in Toledo. It sounded like it was not the usual tourist map, but took them through some very interesting side streets to see a little more of the local culture. I did a search of Toledo Street Maps, but did not come up with it. Can someone help me find it, or has anyone who has been there recently come across this kind of map? If so, do you remember what it was called and where you got it? I like to see more of the real deal, grand architecture and cathedrals are all well and good, but I have no patience for standing in line at the grocery store at home, I certainly can't do it on vacation! rolleyes

Along the same line, I would love to hear from some Madrilenos about some of the local streets where you can see the real life. I've got lots of information on where to go as a tourist. I also heard about La Feria del Libro and the Coin and Stamp market in Plaza Mayor. Can anyone tell me any more about them. They sound interesting. I love reading and books, and a local event sounds great. I checked out the website for the book fair/festival, but my Spanish is minimal at best and I couldn't really get the gist of the whole event. La Feria del Libro

Thanks ever so much!
Diana

#68574 - 05/14/04 05:30 AM Re: Toledo street map - Madrid streets
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I used search terms TOLEDO MAP and found several threads, but one posting/recommendation by member Chica in the " Toledo one day trip " thread seemed like the one to which you might be referring. Good luck!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#68575 - 05/14/04 04:33 PM Re: Toledo street map - Madrid streets
ditravelphoto Offline

Loc: Seattle
Huummm, thanks it's close but that's not the one I was looking for.....I'll keep trying some variations on the search.

#68576 - 05/14/04 09:04 PM Re: Toledo street map - Madrid streets
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
I have often suggested that people purchase a better map of Toledo because the TI map does not have all the side streets lableled. This map can be purchased at the train station or at the TI office near the Plaza de Zocodover.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1742 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments