Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#68420 - 02/20/04 06:47 PM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
No, MadridMan the City of Vigo (and the Port) are on the south side of the ria. That's why I said we were probably looking at Cangas or Moanha (on the north side). I caught a ferry from the Port of Vigo (in front of the Hotel Bahia Vigo, where we were staying on a weekend special) across to Moanha a few years ago. rolleyes

The rias are more like fjords: you've got the rias Bajas (like Vigo & Pontevedra) and the rias Altas, further north.

Thanks, Esperanza: I've been across that beautiful new bridge ( the only place you could get that panoramic view) and the Rail line bridge that has a lot more foreground stuff. cool

#68421 - 02/21/04 05:14 PM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
MM, here is a nice little area map from Galinor website.

#68422 - 02/21/04 05:37 PM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
it is SOOOOO cool to see you all chatting about my grandfather's birthplace...I do agree MadridMan ....Galica IS a gorgeous area!My family lives in Cangas de Morrazo, Aldán and Marín.

#68423 - 02/21/04 06:06 PM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Look at the map Booklady so kindly posted above. When we drove through this area, we stopped in Sanxenxo and then passed THROUGH Pontevedra and Vigo, not stopping because it was raining and we were on a time crunch, STILL returning to Madrid that night. So we drove through and stopped at Baiona for a coke on the patio of the 14th century fort/castle-turned Parador right on the water (GREAT live cam of this and the view of/from it HERE - NICE!) and then on to A Guarda (live cam HERE ) where we had a GREAT seafood lunch near the water's edge in a little, local (i.e. no tourists and no patios, only fisherman and their families) place that shockingly served us refrigerated Manchego cheese but we decided it was because few people in that area ever ordered it - since it's not a local cheese (should have ordered the tetilla rolleyes )

Then after A Guarda we went on to Tui for a walk and drove across the one-lane bridge into Portugal for the rest of the afternoon. Leaving there, we got home to Madrid at about midnight, driving nearly the entire way back through a rainstorm. Ugh.

Great trip. I'd LOVE to do it again someday. JUST BEAUTIFUL there in Galicia. JUST beautiful. Stone crosses and horreos everywhere as well as friendly people and delicious food and SEAFOOD. :p

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#68424 - 02/23/04 12:39 PM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Another great sunset, folks! And just enough thin clouds to make it worthy of your desktop. That's what *I* did and it still might get even better!! cool

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#68425 - 02/29/04 12:32 PM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Hola MM,
The sun is setting beautifully today in the Ria de Vigo. I was up last night at 2:00 a.m. Eastern time and took a quick peek to see the sun rise, but it was still dark. Has anyone seen the sunrise? At about what time?

Thank you,
Carmen

#68426 - 02/29/04 02:58 PM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

I MISSED IT AND I'M HOME!!! ARGH!! rolleyes It was a nice sunset today, eh? Oh, darn. Well, according to Weather.com's forecast for Vigo on Monday HERE , SUNRISE will be at 8:10am local time (or 2:10am east-coast USA time - YOU JUST MISSED IT!) and SUNSET will be at 7:25pm local time (1:25pm Eastern USA time).

I DON'T expect to be up so late tonight to see Vigo's sunrise. hehehe... Zzzzz... Zzzz.. wink

Saludos, MadridMan

#68427 - 03/07/04 03:05 PM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

I happened to be up early this morning, 5:30 easternt time, and I saw the beautiful scenery of the rooftops and Ría, it was 11:30 there. I must say MM, I am having so much fun with this thread just following up the views! Thank you. Carmen

#68428 - 03/17/04 01:30 PM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

It's 1:32p.m. Eastern time. Today there was the most beautiful sunset. Lord Bless the Spanish families today who mourn their dear ones.
Carmen

#68429 - 03/17/04 01:51 PM Re: Live Cam of Ría de Vigo - Beautiful Sunsets!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

WOWEE! That was beautiful and I just saw the pink sky AFTER the sun went down. But nice! I'm sad I missed the best part. rolleyes

Saludos, MadridMan

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments