Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#68398 - 02/01/04 05:52 AM For those who really want to learn...
Anonymous
Unregistered

about the so often debated (in this forum) situation in the Basque Country, here is a link about a film that YOU cannot miss: "La pelota vasca"

As you can see, there's a small group of PP fans trying to boycott freedom of expression, with a massive media coverture.

The link (only in spanish).

I highly recommend this film. It's got testimonies of both sides, ex-terrorists and victims, basque nationalists and spanish nationalists.

#68399 - 02/01/04 08:46 AM Re: For those who really want to learn...
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I'll try to see it on DVD when I'm in Spain. And I reserve the right to possibly consider this movie "art" or "trash" or "fact" as I decide it to be. Fair enough? smile

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#68400 - 02/01/04 10:18 AM Re: For those who really want to learn...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Isn't it the right any of us have on a any film? wink

But calling trash this film... Wow. And without even seeing it! Nobody in Spain complained about it's quality. Only the extreme rightists on the contents. By the way, it was nominated to Goya prizes (a quality sign). Did not win, however. Had cool the political pressure any influence?

#68401 - 02/01/04 12:58 PM Re: For those who really want to learn...
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Don't worry, as I said above, I will decide if it's "art" or "trash" or "fact" ONLY AFTER I see it and not before. It wouldn't be fair to make this judgement BEFORE seeing this movie or any other. Besides, I don't believe everything I see, read, hear in the media.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#68402 - 02/02/04 04:43 AM Re: For those who really want to learn...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments