Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#68350 - 12/15/03 12:41 PM Madrid: See holiday lights LIVE!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
See Madrid's festive holiday lights through the LIVE traffic cams @ TraficoMadrid.com . What a great site this is - one of my favorites. You can see LIVE cams of Puerta del Sol and all their lights going up Calle Preciados past El Oso y el Madroño (see photo below) or Calle de Alcalá or Calle Mayor - depending on which direction the camera is pointed at that moment. Also see the lights lining the Gran Vía at Plaza de Callao and Plaza de la Cibeles. Check them out online if you can't be there to see there through your own eyes. smile (by stark contrast, there are NO holiday lights seen through the traffic webcams in Barcelona )

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, everyone! Saludos, MadridMan

Puerta del Sol below (refresh for newer image):

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#68351 - 12/15/03 07:09 PM Re: Madrid: See holiday lights LIVE!
biotechsolutions Offline

Loc: Baltimore MD
You are so right MadridMan, we were in Madrid the 6th-9th and the lights in Madrid we incredible. Make sure to catch the clock display, we found it definitely goes off at 12:00 noon and 8:00pm not sure on the other times. It's on the Groupama Plus Ultra building across from the government buildings where they had the independence celebrations.

#68352 - 12/22/03 10:15 AM Re: Madrid: See holiday lights LIVE!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

WOW! Look (above) at the HUGE Christmas tree they have in Madrid's Puerta del Sol!! Must be beautiful with lights. I'll have to look at that tonight.... but I'll be seeing it myself IN PERSON in about a week!!! Woo Hoo!!! Can't wait.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#68353 - 12/23/03 10:54 AM Re: Madrid: See holiday lights LIVE!
LouW Offline

Loc: Washington, DC
MadridMan,

Just want to say that I have really enjoyed using the traffic cameras -- they were a great addition to your site. The Torres Kio can sometimes be viewed on the Plaza Castilla cameras and the Plaza Callao camera sometimes shoots the Hotel where my wife & I stayed in 2000, the Hotel Atlantico.

Thanks. Merry Christmas.

#68354 - 12/23/03 11:37 AM Re: Madrid: See holiday lights LIVE!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

That's pretty cool, LouW. Be sure to check out this Puerta del Sol camera on New Years Eve at around 5:30pm Eastern USA time - which is 11:30pm Madrid time. Maybe you'll see me there for the midnight countdown. You may also be able to watch on TV via one of the central-Spain stations which broadcasts on the internet. This is what I did last year and just had a wonderful time watching the live coverage of the Puerta del Sol, the countdown, and all those people having a great time. And to think THIS year I just may be there myself. Wow. I'm so excited! eek

In the Puerta del Sol traffic cam (above) you can clearly see the famous and historic La Mallorquina pastelería (pastry shop), just behind and to the left of the tall Christmas tree. I imagine that place is SO BUSY with everyone buying their roscón de reyes and other typical holiday baked goods and sweets. Mmmmm. :p Enjoy those traffic cams.

Saludos, MadridMan

#68355 - 12/25/03 12:07 AM Re: Madrid: See holiday lights LIVE!
Jake Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY, USA
Wow. Those lights really are beautiful. Thanks, MadridMan, for posting this.

#68356 - 12/25/03 02:41 PM Re: Madrid: See holiday lights LIVE!
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Dear Madridman,this is the nicest Christmas present you could have given your members! Wow! I am enjoying going from camera to camera and seeing the streets I miss so much. Maybe this year, 2004, I'll get to go back and have my chocolate con churros, but even if I cannot I will eat my homemade churros while watching the street scenes, thanks to you!
Chaste kiss on cheek,
Booklady!

#68357 - 12/26/03 09:22 AM Re: Madrid: See holiday lights LIVE!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

laugh Does anyone know if the lights stay up until Magic Kings Day on January 6th? How long does Cortelandia run?

Saludos, MadridMan

#68358 - 12/27/03 11:52 AM Re: Madrid: See holiday lights LIVE!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

I'll be there in tomorrow morning! Leaving in just a few hours. Can't wait to see those lights for myself. Happy New Year, Everyone!!

Saludos, MadridMan

#68359 - 12/28/03 10:05 AM Re: Madrid: See holiday lights LIVE!
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
Madridman, Have a wonderful trip! Enjoy the lights of Madrid and everything else! I can't wait to hear all about your mini vacation!! smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1850 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments