Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#68320 - 12/09/03 11:03 PM Radio Tarifa Nominated for Award
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
The BBC has nominated Spain's Ojos de Brujos and my favorite Radio Tarifa for the RADIO 3 AWARDS FOR WORLD MUSIC 2004

www.radiotarifa.com
"It's the second time this multi-cultural Madrid based group have been up for one of these awards. The first was after their third album Cruzando El Rio in 2001 and this nomination comes in the wake of Fiebre ('Fever'), their aptly titled 2003 album, which captures them on a night in Toronto the year before. A brace of new songs kicks things off in rousing style before Radio Tarifa revisit their small but perfectly formed back catalogue, drawing most heavily on the 1993 debut "Rumba Argelina", which became a surprise hit just as the original core three members were on the point of breaking up."

Congratulations, Radio Tarifa! cool

#68321 - 12/10/03 05:30 AM Re: Radio Tarifa Nominated for Award
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
That's great news, Booklady! And here I thought it was a radio station - had to go to their website before I fully understood. Hopefully they'll someday put music clips on their website so we can get a little taste of their style.

Rock on, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1897 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments