Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#68257 - 08/23/03 07:39 AM Re: Madrid 2012, S.A. DEMANDS MadridMan's Domain Names!
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
Ignacio,

That appears to be correct. MadridMan can sue them in the American courts, in his own town. The complainant has that right, and it's up to them to seek out, and use a lawyer/lawyers, in that jurisdiction. He has 10 days to provide proof to the arbiter that he has began proceedings. In effect, this would delay any transfers of the name until after the courts render their verdict.

The number one facet of American law that would prevail is that there must be "proof" that MadridMan acted in bad faith, and it will be up to them to provide solid evidence to that effect.

Since there is no such proof, and couldn't be, they would have to present the fabricated case they presently have, to even have any reason to step forward.

This process would be very costly to them, and they obviously would lose.

Personally, if I was forced into the same position as MadridMan, and had to file a petition in the courts, I would add on a hefty fee for the damage caused to his business and reputation, under these conditions. If a judge finds in his favor, chances are he would also be given a fairly substantial sum of money that would more than cover his costs of litigation.

Wolf

#68258 - 08/23/03 08:01 PM Re: Madrid 2012, S.A. DEMANDS MadridMan's Domain Names!
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Hola MadridMan,
I just sent you some information to your e-mail address posted in your profile. Hope you get it.
Besos,
Carmen

#68259 - 08/23/03 09:31 PM Re: Madrid 2012, S.A. DEMANDS MadridMan's Domain Names!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Expediente means file, judical procedure, ...
I'd select file.

link to translation

#68260 - 08/25/03 06:34 AM Re: Madrid 2012, S.A. DEMANDS MadridMan's Domain Names!
Salva Offline

Loc: budapest
Hi Madridman,

I just comeback from Spain on friday, thinking of writing you the short story of my holiday, when I saw what its happening to you...Oh dear, oh Dear...
Let me first say that I agree with you 100%, if they are slow in registering the domain names and someone is faster, its totally their fault.
However, recently on an Italian website, I saw a similar case.
A guy, called Giorgio Armani, few years ago, register the domain giorgioarmani.com , because of his job, now a court ruled out that he should give (for free, I guess) his domain name to the fashion designer Giorgio Armani becasue he is more famous (and richer) that him. This is a scandal,una puta mierda.
We are all with you and hopefully you get some cash out of this people...

Un saludo,

Salva

#68261 - 08/29/03 04:27 PM Re: Madrid 2012, S.A. DEMANDS MadridMan's Domain Names!
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
I know a couple of people addressed the issue of WHEN you registered the domains - I didn't see your response but that could be because I was reading the posts rather quickly. I would think that the timing of the registration, along with SOMETHING being on each site, would cover you at least to the extent that you had a legal comfort zone.

The entire issue of creative rights/patents/ etc. is under intense scrutiny and legal hassling (at least in the US) as you know. Is there any organization of "creative web people" that you might contcat for support at least in the realm of information and resources? Believe me - this isn't the first time something like this ahs happened - there's got to be a solid amount of documentation and resource tools on a matter like this.

#68262 - 08/30/03 01:34 PM Re: Madrid 2012, S.A. DEMANDS MadridMan's Domain Names!
Dimitris Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece (ex-Barcelona a...
MM, can you find any non-official sites for the Athens Olympics? If not, there must be a reason for it.

Many months ago they sent threatening emails/letters to everyone *linking* to the official site! Here is their hyperlink policy: http://www.athens2004.gr/page/default.asp?id=333&la=2

It may also be worth contacting the owners of other Madrid2012-related domains, who must have received the same letter as you.

D

#68263 - 08/30/03 09:56 PM Re: Madrid 2012, S.A. DEMANDS MadridMan's Domain Names!
mencey Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
MM, consider Pre-Paid Legal. I have used this service numerous times, and always with a great outcome. go to www.prepaidlegal.com. to check it out.

#68264 - 09/14/03 11:00 PM Re: Madrid 2012, S.A. DEMANDS MadridMan's Domain Names!
OsoMajor Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Garden Grove, California
MM...how are things going with your domaine name battle? Were you able to get any legal help? Keep us posted when you can....

#68265 - 09/14/03 11:42 PM Re: Madrid 2012, S.A. DEMANDS MadridMan's Domain Names!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi OsoMajor. Thanks for asking. No, I wasn't able to get any legal help in the end so I did it myself. I've already submitted my response and now just waiting for the review and the ruling. I'll let you all know when the decision is made.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#68266 - 09/14/03 11:57 PM Re: Madrid 2012, S.A. DEMANDS MadridMan's Domain Names!
OsoMajor Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Garden Grove, California
Ojala...que todo salga bien!

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1742 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments