MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#68172 - 02/22/06 05:34 PM Re: Ismael Serrano otra vez
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Woo Hoo!! I leave from Madrid for Tarragona EARLY tomorrow morning (Thursday) by train the concert Thursday night. Can't wait! I'll be sure to give you all my experiences upon returning. cloud9

Saludos, MadridMan :hdspin:

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#68173 - 02/23/06 07:32 PM Re: Ismael Serrano otra vez
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

GREAT concert by Ismael Serrano in Tarragona tonight - I JUST returned to the hotel after 2 encores and nearly 2.5 hours of wonderful music.

I was seated on the floor in the 12th row (of 14) and there was one (if not two) balconies above. I felt so close! It was just Ismael playing his guitar while singing along with guitar support by "Freddie" - who was expert.

Ismael started the concert playing about 5 of his songs from his latest CD so I wasn´t familiar with them but then started playing all those which which I AM familiar so that was wonderful. He played a number of songs mentioning Madrid so he didn´t shy away from the whole Madrid versus Catalunya conflict BUT he did NOT play Km.0 to my great disappointment but with no surprise. I´m SURE he´ll be playing/singing that one at his NEXT concert, sold out, in that HUGE venue (Palacio de los Congresos? - where they had the Goya Awards) in Madrid next month.

I found it wildly ironic that I´d just trained in from Madrid, was listening to my beloved favorite singer who´s from Madrid (Vallekas), singing some songs about Madrid, I´m MadridMan, and I´m IN Tarragona, CATALUNYA. MMMmmm! Okay, so it´s light on irony. wink

There were a couple (or four) songs that brought a tear to my eye, such sentimental songs, such emotion in his voice, and I was there listening and watching him LIVE. Man. It doesn´t get any better than that. Well, if it COULD´VE been better had this all taken place in MADRID in an equally small (and amazingly clean) venue as they have here in Tarragona´s Teatro Metropoli on La Rambla Nova (immediately next to a McDonald´s rolleyes ).

Hope some of you got tickets for that sold-out concert of his in Madrid - or in the future. You won´t be sorry. cloud9

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#68174 - 02/26/06 07:55 PM Re: Ismael Serrano otra vez
Anonymous
Unregistered

Good to know that you had a fabulous time at the concert,MM.That sort of stuff stays in your memory for life.And,as an added bonus,you got to spend a couple of days in Tarragona,a beautiful city on the Mediterranean.

One of the things that I love about attending these live concerts is seeing how pumped up people can get.Then,at the end everybody starts yelling:"otra,otra,otra" and this is usually accompanied with a long standing ovation.As you saw this can result in one,two and even more encore appearances.Awesome!

I found out that all of Ismael's albums as well as the dvd of the film "Km 0" are available on amazon.com.I will be ordering the "Los Paraisos Desiertos" album along with the movie.This is so vintage Madrid and I must have it. smile

#68175 - 02/27/06 04:58 AM Re: Ismael Serrano otra vez
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

I was impressed and overjoyed that EVERYONE kept their seats the entire time, listening quietly and sometimes clapping or singing along, except for a few standing (including me!) at the end of the concert, DEMANDING an ENCORE! - which they did twice. We all sat comfortably in our cushy shairs with lots of leg-space and enjoyed the concert. While I didn't try to calculate it, I'd guess there were no more than 200 people there and the place was sold-out. Other people were taking photos during the concert so I'd wished I'd had mine but I had no more digital media - that's a story for another time when I discuss my visit to Tarragona in the other thread.

Saludos, MadridMan

#68176 - 03/21/06 06:53 AM Re: Ismael Serrano otra vez
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Did anyone here go to that March 10th concert in Madrid? How was it??

Saludos, MadridMan

#68177 - 04/18/06 06:07 AM Re: Ismael Serrano otra vez
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

The rest of this month Ismael Serrano is playing concerts in South America to end his current "Naves Ardiendo Más Allá de Orión" Tour. Anyone going to these?

Saludos, MadridMan

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1600 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments