Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#6794 - 03/30/04 05:28 PM granada/barcelona accomodations
texas dino Offline

Loc: austin texas
i will be traveling to granada and barcelona in may- single female- looking to stay somewhere inexpensive, safe and clean- need private bathroom and prefer elevator or not alot of stairs- \close to center of town-i have been surfing the net and found a few,and have found your website now!! but as i have never been to spain, would like to see if any of you have any suggestions. thanks so much!

#6795 - 03/30/04 09:21 PM Re: granada/barcelona accomodations
vicki Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA USA
In Granada, I stayed at Hostal Landazuri (sp?) on Cuesta de Gomerez. It is very close to the Alhambra (300m, all uphill), and close to the bus stop for the Alhambra-Albaycin route. They have a choice between in-room and down the hall bath and toilet facilites, so you can be a little more flexible with price.

The rooms are basic and clean and staff is very nice and speaks English. The central heat is kept on low though, and I did find the room a bit cold (I was there in January, probably not an issue now). There is a little cafe downstairs that serves a reasonably priced breakfast, but is only open until 10:30 am.

Address: Cuesta Gomérez, 24
Phone 958 22 14 06

You should also check out previous posts on these cities. I know we had a Granada thread going in February...

Hope that helps!

#6796 - 03/31/04 04:10 PM Re: granada/barcelona accomodations
texas dino Offline

Loc: austin texas
thanks- i think i am going to stay at the casa del capitel nazari in granada- i am still searching in barcelona- i have found a good deal at the Hostal Lavante (good reviews on this site and others) would prefer to have tv and internet access if possible tho- if anyone knows a good hostal in barcelona w/ these features, please let me know. thanks!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments