Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#67918 - 01/20/03 08:44 AM Hable con ella//Talk to her
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
Well, CONGRATULATIONS to Mr. Pedro Almodovar for winning a Golden Globe Award for his latest film " Hable con Ella " last night, (however....I still do not like the movie at all eek :o frown )

The press here keep commenting that it might be nominated for best movie of the year (AND WIN!) at the Oscars,...we'll see what happens rolleyes .

#67919 - 01/20/03 10:44 AM Re: Hable con ella//Talk to her
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
eek OHMYGOD!! I was just watching the trailer for the movie Hable con Ella and saw, whom I THOUGHT to be the Spanish/Gitana singer Rosario Flores and BOOM! I went to the credits and sure enough! It's ROSARIO !!!! (<-nice website!)

Can't wait to see "Hable con Ella". I too have heard mixed reviews about it but hey, it's Almodóvar and it's about Spain so I'm sure I'll at least like it a little. wink

CONGRATULATIONS to Spain and Pedro Almodóvar!!!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#67920 - 01/20/03 12:11 PM Re: Hable con ella//Talk to her
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
Yep! it's her all right; she plays a 'torera', and looks quite similar to the famous 'torero' Manolete.

(One of the things I liked about the movie was the fact that they sing the song "cucurrucucu Paloma" smile ....which by the way, I just remembered a street vendor sung to me, to my amazement, once in N.Y.'s fifth avenue cool )

#67921 - 01/20/03 02:54 PM Re: Hable con ella//Talk to her
Shawn Offline
Executive Member

Loc: mentally - Spain, Physically -...
Good going Spain!
I thought the film was better than average, but it isn't his best film. To be honest, I didn't meet anyone who thought it compared with some of his earlier films. Well, at least we can hope for another one of his entertaing acceptance speaches.

BTW, for those who don't know PIM, whenever she travels to 5th Ave, Monaco, Beverly Hills, and even Milan, she is recognized laugh . I sure hope that the paparazzi don't continue to bother her, her photos in Hola, Hello, and The National Enquirer have been appearing quite regulary, it must be difficult to mantain her privacy.

Saludos, from the movie capital of the world.

#67922 - 01/20/03 03:52 PM Re: Hable con ella//Talk to her
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Que casualidad! Last night our IFC channel carried in Spanish " La Flor de Mi Secreto/ The Flower of My Secret" a wonderful film about the problems of a Romance writer! Almodovar is fantastic, I watch his films because I know it's going to be a good story and well acted. Gracias, Pim!

#67923 - 01/21/03 01:50 PM Re: Hable con ella//Talk to her
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
The good, the bad and the ugly: The good is that Almodóvar is continuing to be recognized for his genius. The bad is that it's happening now, almost as a "make-up call" for snubbing many of his earlier, finer films. The ugly is that there's apparently not much else to pick from when a less-than-stellar Almodóvar gets selected based, most likely, on name alone, over the other offerings internationally.

I'm a big Almodóvar fan, but I don't want him to become one of those "lifetime achievement" guys that you feel sorry for so you have to give them a statue. He deserves all that he gets, but recognize the entire body of work!!!

¡Aupa Pedro!

#67924 - 01/22/03 05:00 PM Re: Hable con ella//Talk to her
GranadaGirl Offline

Loc: Maryland via Connecticut, USA ...
Is Hable con Ella playing in the US? I hadn't seen anything about it yet! I had read in HOLA about Rosario filming a movie as a torera, and now I'm anxious to see it!

-GG

#67925 - 01/22/03 07:03 PM Re: Hable con ella//Talk to her
Guapetona Offline

GG,

its playing in several theatres around washington. dupont, wisconsin ave and shirlington.

#67926 - 02/10/03 06:56 AM Re: Hable con ella//Talk to her
miche_dup1 Offline

On my last trip to Madrid i bought a CD, 'Lo mejor de Caetano Veloso' produced in Madrid. It's an excellent CD and has many of the Almodovar movie tracks on it such as Paloma's 'Cucurrucucuuuu Palooomaa'(Mexican i think) and !Ay Amor!(Cuban)(live) which featured in 'Flor de mi secreto' as Booklady mentioned, a wonderful film. Veloso's voice is tender and mesmerizing. Singing in Spanish, Portuguese, Italian and English, nothing is lost in his adaptations of classics, and of course there are his own songs.

#67927 - 02/10/03 07:46 PM Re: Hable con ella//Talk to her
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
They are playing Hable con Ella /Talk to Her
in Jacksonville, Pablo 9 Theatre, thought I'd pass the word to you North Floridians/South Georgians on the Board!
Showtimes: 1:50 PM), (4:20), 7:20, 9:45

Pablo 9 Theatre
1970 S. 3rd Street
Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250

Now I know where I am going on Valentine's Day!

Salu2

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1808 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments