Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#67914 - 01/17/03 01:45 PM Dish Network: HITN Ch. 9401
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
For those of you who subscribe to Dish Network, but don't get the Spanish package (and TVE1), you have a channel at 9401 in HITN which shows documentaries, etc. from all over the Spanish-speaking spectrum. Over the last week, I've seen a half-dozen in prime time produced by TVE.

Last night there was a one-hour program on the pre-romanesque and Mozarab churches in León, Asturias and Cantabria. It was great, and nice to hear the "beautiful tongue" again.

#67915 - 01/17/03 04:41 PM Re: Dish Network: HITN Ch. 9401
Shawn Offline
Executive Member

Loc: mentally - Spain, Physically -...
I feel the same way reagrding the sounds of pure Castellano. I haven't yet ordered the dish, but I don't think I can wait much longer. Although, I recieve about 7 Spanish language channels through digital cable, I long to hear the language spoken the way it is supposed to be. I guess I'll have to make a call soon before I go postal.

How many more times must I hear "quiero que me dés un rait" instead of using llevar? How many more times must I hear"¿Dónde parqueo mi troca? or other countless uses of spanglish on what are supossed to be Spanish language channels, not chicano Spanglish channels? mad mad mad Although, I must admit that the nenas on the culebrones son muy monas laugh

I do listen to some Spanish radio through the internet, but its not the same as when I would take my siesta with the chatter of Ana Rosa Quintana in the backround.

Longing to hear the sweet sounds of Spain,
Shawn

#67916 - 01/18/03 11:32 PM Re: Dish Network: HITN Ch. 9401
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Does the Dish Network bring programs directly from Spain? Is it re-canned or is it real time programming? I am on cable and I only get Univision, the programming stems from South and Central America.

#67917 - 01/19/03 05:21 AM Re: Dish Network: HITN Ch. 9401
vicente2 Offline

Loc: southern spain
Hola:

Si queréis escuchar buen español, os recomiendo entréis en la página web www.lalinterna.es y escuchéis los “Audios” que vienen en la columna de la izquierda. Son comentarios actuales de noticias, libros, películas, opiniones políticas,.... que se recomiendan en este programa de radio.

I hope you will enjoy!!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments