MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#67878 - 03/02/05 12:59 AM Miguel Bosé
Anonymous
Unregistered

Have any of you listened to his music?

I think the man is brilliant, and I have his three latest CD's: "Sereno","Por Vos Muero" and "Velvetina" and they are awesome.I believe he is out on tour promoting "Velvetina" and I'm wondering if he's doing any concerts in the US.Does anyone know? help

#67879 - 03/02/05 05:32 AM Re: Miguel Bosé
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
http://www.MiguelBose.com/ is his official website. And yes, I do like his music too and won his Greatests Hits CD which is a very good compilation. I thought/I'd heard he was mainly retired now but maybe retirement didn't agree with him. Or maybe he just retired from large-scale touring and only does guest appearances now. Not sure.

But according to his TOUR page @ http://www.miguelbose.com/tour/tour_index.html he's now in the middle of a South/Central American Tour. No dates in the USA, unfortunately. Spanish singers almost never come to the USA. And if they do, it seems they only come to New York, Miami, & Los Angeles.

His only Spain concert dates are:

June 16: Barcelona
June 23: Valencia
June 30: Madrid

I'd imagine all of these concerts to be sold-out quickly so prepare for that. Hope you make it to one of them!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#67880 - 03/02/05 05:42 PM Re: Miguel Bosé
jabch Offline

Miguel Bose became very famous with the song "Linda" during the late 70's. However, his success as a singer reached its peak during the late 80's and early 90's. Songs like Amante Bandido, Te amare, Duende, Sevilla or Los Chicos No Lloran were great hits in the Spanish-speaking world. About his latest concerts I've heard good and bad things. I think he doesn’t put too much of a show. He sits on a stool the whole time and talks in Spanish, Catalan, and French between songs. Some people like this, others don’t. But if you are a fan of his music you will definitely enjoy his concerts.

#67881 - 03/02/05 07:20 PM Re: Miguel Bosé
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks MM,I checked the website and you're right nothin scheduled for the US.

I think that if he promoted his music more here in the US, he'd win over a lot of fans.He can sing in English so that would help.Also,his voice reminds me a little about Julio Iglesias and we all know how popular he became here.

I highly recommend the album "Por Vos Muero",it is a masterpiece.It is of a classical/opera/pop style with excellent musical arrangements.It is very sentimental and capable of being a tear jerker.My favorite songs from this album are "Olvidame tú", "A una dama","Habana" and "El ilusionista". smile

#67882 - 03/02/05 07:37 PM Re: Miguel Bosé
Diana Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
I have to chuckle every time I see Miguel Bose's name. I don't know why - maybe it brings back memories! I loved Amante Bandido when it came out - I still have the cassette (!) somewhere. I was disappointed with the rest of the songs on it, though. I should listen to his new CD.

He was around Madrid a lot in the early days when I lived there. My sister ran into him one night in Joy Eslava, and they chatted and danced together. I believe he speaks English quite fluently. He always struck me as being a real individual, wanting to do his own thing. I wish him luck!

#67883 - 03/04/05 03:31 PM Re: Miguel Bosé
Anonymous
Unregistered

Each one of his last three albums was done in a different style.

"Sereno" is a set of ballads in which he sings a lot about his own life.The album is also available on a special edition that includes another CD which features a club remix of some of his most popular hits.

"Por Vos Muero" is of the classical music variety,the type that is often heard on the background of epic Hollywood movies.It is very melancholic but masterful.

In "Velvetina" he experiments with Electronica and does some very CONTROVERSIAL music videos. eek

#67884 - 05/26/05 02:36 PM Re: Miguel Bosé
Agent Sands Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
Two of my favorite Miguel Bose songs are "Como Lobo" from the album XXX and "Manos Vacias." The former was even translated into an English version "Lay Your Hands On Me" in the early 1990s. He is also a talented actor who appeared in an Italian Western from the late 1970's titles "California" with Italian action star Guiliano Gemma.

#67885 - 05/27/05 01:03 AM Re: Miguel Bosé
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Agent Sands,thanks for joining this thread.I've become a big fan of Miguel Bosé after having listened to his "Por Vos Muero" album.Then I watched the spectacular concert of "Por Vos Muero" that he gave in Mexico City's National Auditorium, which was released on DVD.

If you thought that the CD was moving,wait until you watch the concert on DVD.Just imagine Bosé,a world class symphonic orchestra,a gigantic choir of men and women,Bosé's own musicians and his two female vocalists all performing at one of the best theaters in the entire world.

I was so moved by "Por Vos Muero" that I opened another thread about it.So,I would like to invite you and all latin music fans to listen to this CD or/and watch the concert on DVD.I believe that it's the best work that Miguel Bosé has done so far.Enjoy!!! smile

#67886 - 03/14/07 08:58 PM Re: Miguel Bosé
Anonymous
Unregistered

Tic-toc,tic-toc,tic-toc...

5 days left till the release of " Papito " :jump: :jump:

#67887 - 03/15/07 05:21 AM Re: Miguel Bosé
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hahaha!! Wow! Now THAT'S a fan - and a responsible message board member. thumbsup Thanks for going back and adding-to your previous thread - now 2 years old! thumbsup

Papito is his next CD, eh? I'll look for that - always been a Miguel Bosé admirer but only own his "Greatest Hits" CD.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments