MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#67861 - 12/31/02 09:17 AM SpainTV:New Years Eve festivities online
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi all!
This is just a short note to mention that one can watch Spain's New Years Eve festivities on live Spain TV via the internet through one of the many TV stations online. Choose your region/station on MadridMan\'s Spain TV, Radio, Music, & Movies page.

While I don't have a schedule, I would expect you could see Sevilla and Andalucía-region festivities on CanalSur TV, Madrid and central Spain-region festivities on Antena 3, La Otra, and Televisión Castilla y León, Galicia region festivities on CRTVG & TV Ferrol, Basque region on etb sat.

I hope to be watching Puerta del Sol in Madrid tonight just before 6pm Eastern USA time - assuming I can get an available "port" to one of the stations online.

Hope you can all catch a bit of Spanish culture/history/fun online this New Years Eve before your own celebratings starts!

Happy New Year, World!!!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#67862 - 12/31/02 05:50 PM Re: SpainTV:New Years Eve festivities online
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

http://tv4all.com/d1/6997.asx (Media Player) On Antena3 NOW! They're at Puerta del Sol in Madrid!!

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#67863 - 01/01/03 09:26 AM Re: SpainTV:New Years Eve festivities online
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Thanx, MM! We were just finishing our dinner (6:00 PM EST) and my wife & son and I gathered around my PC, each with a plate of grapes. As the bells marking midnight (Spain time) at Madrid's Puerta del Sol rang out, we ate a grape for each toll of the bells (12-grapes). It was very nice!
BTW
I wish to thank you also for your recent private message to me: I just visited Spain once in 2002 (1-week in July); but I spent an evening with the all-Spanish crew of a fishing vessel in Ross a'Veal, Connemara (Irish Republic) in May, 2002. I was their translator and they bought me quite a few Guinness'. I'm getting old and have to make travel time between my frequent Doctors' visits; so my trips have to be quite selective. I'll try to make it to Spain once or twice this year. mientras:
  • cool
  • Próspero Año Nuevo
  • rolleyes

#67864 - 01/01/03 02:46 PM Re: SpainTV:New Years Eve festivities online
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Eddie! I'm so happy to know that you were able to watch the countdown (6pm Eastern USA time) at Puerta del Sol in Madrid on the internet. Did you watch via the Antena 3 link? I was SO VERY HAPPY to watch this. This was the FIRST time in my life I'd ever seen this "live video coverage" over the internet and I was happy to watch it. I was in Madrid last New Years Eve but spent the evening "at home" and did watch the countdown on TV there. I ate grapes then but not this year (last night) as I didn't have any grapes. Grrrr... mad

Eddie, your fishing vessel experience sounds very very interesting!!! I'm sure it's something you'll always remember. Hope you make it back to Spain soon and that you have fewer and fewer doctor's appointments.

Did anyone else watch live via the internet??

Happy New Year!! Saludos, MadridMan smile

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments