Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#67694 - 10/19/02 06:48 PM Re: Las Ketchup reach US!!!
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
Marisa,

The thing is, nobody knows any other song from them....

Fair is fair, and not all the past summer songs have been that bad; I'm thinking Alex Ubago, a total and very young newcomer, who sings a balad that I'd say has been played on the radio just as much as Aserejé, but less times in bars and discos, because it's not danceable (Aahh! back when I started going to discos, we did enjoy a time dedicated to 'las lentas', I feel so old now!). Anyway, his lyrics are surprisingly good for a teenager song-writer, and he definetely hasn't reached #1 because of his good looks, so he's worth checking out.

#67695 - 10/21/02 06:10 PM Re: Las Ketchup reach US!!!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Today, while driving home from work I was listening to WCBE , our local National Public Radio station, they had a segment on the Spanish group, Las Ketchup, and how they STORMED onto our (the USA) radio stations just a week ago and how they're expected to reach the top of the charts here as they have in most western European countries already. Wow. Imagine my shock eek to turn on the radio and hear Eserejé playing in the background as they were talking about the group and their song!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#67696 - 10/21/02 10:41 PM Re: Las Ketchup reach US!!!
Tramontana Offline

Loc: Miami, FL USA
It's called MTD "Mad Tomato Disease"...and it's spreading! Their #2 & #3 songs on the Aserejé CD sound fun! C'mon, let's just enjoy the fun while it lasts, there's enough sadness in this world. And Luis Miguel is preparing a "bolero" lenta version of it: "Me voy a ser ejé contigo!" wink

laugh

#67697 - 10/22/02 04:56 PM Re: Las Ketchup reach US!!!
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
I just read today that Aserejé has already been top 1 in 13 countries!!!. Macarena only made it in 8.

By the way, if anyone is curious about how to dance the Aserejé, I think Madridman is dancing it for all his beloved board members on Saturday nights. laugh Just click here to see him live .

#67698 - 10/22/02 05:48 PM Re: Las Ketchup reach US!!!
madsue Offline

Loc: Canary Islands, Spain
I agree Anchovy!!! It´s a fun song, it´s irritating in the extreme, it reached number 1 in the UK charts (!). But everyone sings along with it and everyone will remember it as the song of the summer of 2002. IT´S JUST FUN!!!!!

#67699 - 10/22/02 05:49 PM Re: Las Ketchup reach US!!!
marisa4444 Offline

Loc: nyc
I think ALL of Las Ketchup's songs are good smile !!There is one song that I don't understand, though. Does anyone know what "Kusha Las Payas" means??

#67700 - 10/22/02 06:05 PM Re: Las Ketchup reach US!!!
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Kusha Las Payas? Mmmm, perhaps "Escucha a las payas" in a gypsie way.

Translated into english would be something like "Listen to the non-gypsie girls".

Fernando

#67701 - 10/22/02 07:21 PM Re: Las Ketchup reach US!!!
Castiza Offline

Loc: Madrid
And now..., "Aserejé" is a satanic song according to some religious authorities in Honduras...

This is an extract from Antena3 news, stating how those religion teachers equal Aserejé= A ser hereje (To be heretic) and how the phrase "Diego tiene chulería" means to them: Lucifer(Satan) was a beautiful angel. eek confused

In Spanish:

"Aserejé " es una canción satánica en Honduras
Ha sido la canción del verano y sigue rompiendo en las listas de todo el mundo. Pero el "Aserejé" de las Ketchup también tiene sus detractores. Algunos profesores de religión de Honduras han decretado que su contenido es "satánico"

Es el estribillo más cantado en medio mundo. Aparentemente una letra sin sentido que no es otra cosa que la traducción al "andaluz" de un éxitos de la música rap. Pero algunos profesores de religión de Honduras han decretado que su contenido es "satánico" y todo eso porque según dicen el Aserejé es una invitación, , A SER HEREJE. El protagonista rumbero de la canción Diego, que en la letra esta poseído por el ritmo es para estos profesores el mismísimo diablo y que la frase "Diego tiene chulería" oculta para ellos un estraño significado "Lucifer era un ángel hermoso". La encargada del Departamento Espiritual del colegio, ha aconsejado a las alumnas que la estudien para conocer su verdadero contenido en vez de prohibirles la canción. La casa discográfica de las Ketchup, Sony Music, se ha tomado a risa la denuncia. Juzguen ustedes si tiene motivos.

#67702 - 10/22/02 08:44 PM Re: Las Ketchup reach US!!!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I found myself (TRYING TO) singing the chorus to myself ALL DAY today! It REALLY IS infectious!

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#67703 - 10/23/02 02:51 AM Re: Las Ketchup reach US!!!
Miguelito Offline

Castiza, this remind me about the heavy rock songs, we were told that they had satanic messages when the records were played against the clock direction.... but who had a record player that could play in the other way??!!
Although I have heard also the news about aserejé on TV I can't hardly believe there's such a twisted mind to believe that ... people get so bored.

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1742 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments