Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#67684 - 10/15/02 09:13 PM Re: Las Ketchup reach US!!!
caminante Offline

Loc: New York City
I love all sorts of music, and I think Asereje is original and great!! It is one of my running songs. Of course there is better music in Spanish, but I can't help liking this one.

#67685 - 10/16/02 05:12 AM Re: Las Ketchup reach US!!!
Miguelito Offline

the chorus comes from a fonetic aproximation of Rapper's delight's
It's something like :
I sing an n on an n....
or something like that, I can't remember ...
I like the song, I find it funny and fresh, It was a real bomb when we first listen to it in May in the feria de Córdoba. Fortunately, I have been out of Spain in August and I could scape from the summer bombing, obviously it becomes boring after so many times, but I think it's better than many other summer songs, just thinking in Georgie Dann and his 'Mama que será lo que quiere el negro' frightens me.
No comment about the dance.

#67686 - 10/16/02 05:24 AM Re: Las Ketchup reach US!!!
Chrissiij Offline

Loc: London, UK
I have had enough of this song already! The only reason they play it over here is to annoy everyone, I'm sure! It beat S Club Junoirs to No.1 over here. I'm not sure which is worse. Pre pubescent teenagers singing about loving (do they actually know what it IS??) or the blinking ketchup song!!!
Castiza, does that mean you've actually been COUNTING the number of times you hear it? You keeping a tally on your bedroom wall?

#67687 - 10/17/02 08:19 PM Re: Las Ketchup reach US!!!
megia Offline

Loc: Sedona, Arizona
well i would sure rather hear this song over and over than any more crap like:

eminem
n sync
shakira
back street boyz
etc...

know what i'm sayyin??!! smile

#67688 - 10/18/02 03:21 PM Re: Las Ketchup reach US!!!
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
Okay it's Friday night, I've just got home after a shortened Friday Night Club at the local bar, put on the TV and saw, via satellite from England, Top Of The Pops..... There they were!! laugh LAS KETCHUP! Nº 1 in the charts! Great stuff!

Now I'm off to catch a bus into San Pedro de Alcantara, where they are currently celebrating the last feria of the year on this coast. I wonder how many times I will hear this bloomin' song before the night is over?? eek Who cares - it's fun!! laugh ¡Viva Las Ketchup!

#67689 - 10/18/02 06:44 PM Re: Las Ketchup reach US!!!
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Ames, Iowa, USA

#67690 - 10/18/02 06:51 PM Re: Las Ketchup reach US!!!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
HEY! Interesting Las Ketchup article. And, according to CNN.com, they have a website too! (not much of a website though but what can you do when you're forced to "throw together" something in minutes, right? hehehe... - and get this!!!) It's @ http://www.theketchupsong.com/ & operated by Sony Music. (They JUST registerd this domain name, TheKetchupSong.com, on September 10th!)

In the article, it states:
Quote:
The refrain goes like this: "Asereje ja de je de jebe tude jebere sebiunouba majabi an de bugui an de buididipi."

That's not Spanish, it's gibberish
Hahahaha!! Thanks, Fernando!! hehehehe.. Just as you said!

And then the article says, just at the end:
Quote:
Flash in the pan?

Well, can you name Los del Rio's follow-up to "Macarena"?

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#67691 - 10/18/02 08:59 PM Re: Las Ketchup reach US!!!
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Ames, Iowa, USA
As a follow-up of the Spanish->English translation thread, here's the song "Asereje" run through an Altavista translator. I think it makes just as much sense in "English" as it does in the original "Spanish." smile

Sight which is approached around the corner comes Diego plotting a course. With the moon in the pupils and their suit marine water it seems of contraband. And where but it does not fit a soul alli puts to occur to cane poseido by the rate ragatanga. And dj that knows headress the hymn the twelve for Diego the wished song but and dances it, and it enjoys it and it sings it... Aserejé, ja leaves tejebe tude jebere sebiunouba majabi an of bugui an of buididipí (x3) is not thing of brujeria that finds cough the days by where I am walking. Diego has chuleria and that afrogitano point of alegria rastafari and where but alli does not fit a soul puts to occur to cane poseido by the rate ragatanga. And dj that knows headress the hymn the twelve for Diego the wished song but and dances it, and it enjoys it and it sings it... Aserejé, ja leaves tejebe tude jebere sebiunouba majabi an of bugui an of buididipí (x3)

#67692 - 10/19/02 04:54 AM Re: Las Ketchup reach US!!!
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
MMan, it's total jibberish that's supposed to sound a little like the lyrics of the Rapper's delight tune (also with a strong andalucian accent).
I believe it to be the same rap that an old lady sung in the movie "The wedding singer", but I might be wrong....
'Las Ketchup' so far, are nothing but a trio of andalucian sisters with a lot of 'cachondeo' about them, they confess to be 'halucinando', 'cause "half the world" is dancing a super-silly coreography that they came up with one day in their home just goofing around....has anyone heard any other song (apart from Aserejé) from these 'hijas del tomate'?

------------------------------------------------

Ooops! sorry getlemen, I posted the above info, before reading that Fernando had already replied to you MMan....

Tara,

Apart from the 'estribillo'(=refrain¿?), the rest of the lyrics do make sense in Spanish!
Never, never trust on-line translators! Once at work I was asked to translate the company's webpage in only two days; but I had lots of other stuff to do, so on the second day I became worried that I wouldn't meet that ridiculous deadline, and I thought maybe I could use a little help from one of these "magic translators", I tried, and....The moment I read that a French guy's name, Christophe Bacon(a manager) had been translated as 'el tocino de Christophe'(Christophe the pig), I knew that these "way-too-literal-translations" would never work!... eek rolleyes laugh

#67693 - 10/19/02 10:31 AM Re: Las Ketchup reach US!!!
marisa4444 Offline

Loc: nyc
OK, so I guess most of you do NOT like "Asereje", but is it that you don't like Las Ketchup in general or that "Asereje" is just an annoying song? frown

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1742 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments