Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#67674 - 10/15/02 03:04 AM Re: Las Ketchup reach US!!!
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
And now it's No 1 in the charts in the UK! eek

#67675 - 10/15/02 03:18 AM Re: Las Ketchup reach US!!!
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Bocata King, would you feel any better if a lovely española sang you the song "te mASEREJE" or rather "te masajaré"? laugh wink laugh

#67676 - 10/15/02 07:22 AM Re: Las Ketchup reach US!!!
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
I didn't want to pronounce myself but.. I hate Aserejé!!!

From the first time I heard it I couldn't stand it. There are much better musicians with much better songs in Spain (have you ever heard Revolver/Carlos Goñi?).

Now my nightmares are coming to hunt me... not only I had to listen it during the summer, but I will have to see on the news (once more, as with the Macarena) some US Secretaries dancing it! GOD! laugh

Forbid it! Make a law so we can just live! :p

Fernando

#67677 - 10/15/02 08:22 AM Re: Las Ketchup reach US!!!
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
I'm in agreement with Bocata King & Fernando. The song sucks. I'd rather listen to Alvin & The Chipmunks doing an opera than this song. eek I tried listening to it several times and came away with a worse feeling for it each time.

Just because it's Spanish doesn't mean it's great. There's a lot of great Spanish music out there, but this certainly isn't going to be remembered as a classic (fortunately).

Then there's the video. I don't understand what crotch shots has to do with dancing or music --- or am I missing something. confused Maybe a Pagan ritual? rolleyes

Wolf (Who does listen to Spanish music part of the time via the I-net, but makes it a point to change stations when this one plays. I don't want to have nightmares over it like Fernando - Geez! rolleyes )

#67678 - 10/15/02 09:42 AM Re: Las Ketchup reach US!!!
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
Yes there are other spanish groups that I enjoy much more than Las Ketchup...but I think it is a fun song! Any time a little bit of spain makes it to the usa, I applaud it! smile

#67679 - 10/15/02 01:19 PM Re: Las Ketchup reach US!!!
Castiza Offline

Loc: Madrid
Everyone repeat after me:

Aserejé ja de jé dejebe tude jebe desebi unouba majabi an de bugui an de buididipi.

Are you still practising the choreography?

The first time I heard the song I thought it was funny but I must confess that after having heard it 1348 times, it becomes a nightmare if you're not drunk enough.

#67680 - 10/15/02 02:15 PM Re: Las Ketchup reach US!!!
Bocata King Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
Chica,

You've got that right! That is about the only thing that could improve this song!

BK

#67681 - 10/15/02 04:38 PM Re: Las Ketchup reach US!!!
megia Offline

Loc: Sedona, Arizona
'Las Ketchup' have reached west coast! (before my post, i'm sure)

what a hilarious video and idea altogether!! that is so @$#@ typical of the Spanish!! so *clever*!! i love it... smile

i see it the same as the macarena craze of yesteryear, only cooler. that dance they were calling the macarena was around for a long time before they made that cheesy song, so it was amazing to see that sweep the world when all it was was a dance that you see everyone do at pueblo fairs, encierros, saint's day celebrations, and whatnot...

who says Spain does not still influence the world!?!

Andrew
:wq

#67682 - 10/15/02 05:37 PM Re: Las Ketchup reach US!!!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Quote:
Aserejé ja de jé dejebe tude jebe desebi unouba majabi an de bugui an de buididipi.
Does this actually mean ANYTHING or is it just total jibberish? It seems it MUST be an actual sentence turned into marble-mouth-Spanish. No?? I'm trying to sing along while reading these "lyrics" (term used VERY loosely here) and it's tough! I'd like to "Amaze my Friends!" and "Impress Strangers!" by signing along with this one when I go to Spain next. wink

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#67683 - 10/15/02 07:34 PM Re: Las Ketchup reach US!!!
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
It means absolutely nothing! wink

It is like if you say lalalalala following the melody of the song.

Fernando

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1742 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments