Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#67650 - 12/12/02 09:42 PM Re: Operación Triunfo ll
Melinda328 Offline

Loc: Madrid
I BELIEVE they show it - that's what my friends in Galicia said they heard on the radio. I know they show the soccer games and charge $5 if you're not a member. It's on 14th Street between 7th and 8th. It's something like "El Centro Espanol" - you can't miss it, though - there's a HUGE Spanish flag over the top. They also told me it has very good food - Another thing is I'm kinda scared to go alone since I've never been there before. If you go, lemme know how it is - the semester at my academia ends this week so after seeing the Dec 22 special I'm gonna see if I like anyone on the new one and if I want to start the new addiction LOL

Melinda

#67651 - 12/25/02 06:28 PM Re: Operación Triunfo ll
druship Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
New article about an OT backlash from the NY Times (Spain Loves Pop Show; Critics Hate the Reality By EMMA DALY) http://www.nytimes.com/2002/12/25/international/europe/25SPAI.html?tntemail0

#67652 - 12/26/02 12:08 AM Re: Operación Triunfo ll
Shawn Offline
Executive Member

Loc: mentally - Spain, Physically -...
It sounds like the other recording artists are just jealous of the chicos from OT. Perhaps they could learn from the OT performers. The young energetic singers of OT have connected with so many people due to their genuine enthusiasm and spontaneous displays of emotion.
How many other pop stars let us in to their lives in such an authentic fashion? In all honesty plenty of Spaniards listen to non-OT singers and so it seems that this protest is just a publicty attempt.

The New York Times is not a very trustworthy source of information about OT, since we all read the earlier false report. It's a shame that it's so widely read in the US, many people now have a incorrect view of the Spanish music scene.

#67653 - 01/20/03 04:39 PM Re: Operación Triunfo ll
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
OK, quick update as the 'penúltimo' (=last but one¿?) show starts;...

Tonight the audience is to decide who will be the sixth singer to reach the very final phase of the contest. Already chosen by a combination of votes from the jury, the teachers and the rest of their mates are: Nández, Manuel Carrasco, Beth, Ainhoa and Hugo....and the two remaining ones from which the sixth finalist will be decided upon in a couple of hours are Joan Tena and Tony Santos. (Personally if I'd vote for Tena, but I'm afraid Santos has been chosen as favourite contestant several weeks in a row by the public confused , so....)

Now, "gossiply" speaking rolleyes , Nika and Hugo started a romantic relationship while at the academy and have had no problem admitting to it, unlike other couples that met last year.

P.S.: Shawn, you know these posts are written specially for you laugh wink ....

....but babe, I'd hardly call a guy who sold glasses of natural orange juice in the N.Y. streets a fan or a paparazzi, if you know what I'm talking about cool :p

#67654 - 01/20/03 06:53 PM Re: Operación Triunfo ll
Shawn Offline
Executive Member

Thanks PIM!!! I guess Nika and Hugo will end up being like Chenoa and David Bisbal.

It seems some of the more talented nenas have not done so well this year. I am sad that Tessa didn't do so well frown , she is very talented laugh . Oh well, I didn't care much for Ainhoa, so I guess I'll be supporting Beth in the final shows.

Thanks for the update on the penultimate edition, but don't forget to update us on the final episode as well. wink

Saludos from LA

#67655 - 01/21/03 07:43 AM Re: Operación Triunfo ll
El Boqueron Offline

Loc: UK
Pues, ?qué ha pasado ayer? Han echado al canario, no? a Santos? Es que no me acuerdo muy bien de su nombre. Me parecía un poco soso. OT te engancha, la echo de menos!

#67656 - 01/29/03 06:52 AM Re: Operación Triunfo ll
El Boqueron Offline

Loc: UK
Ainhoa won! Toma ya! I thought it would be Beth or Carrasco. I would have liked to have seen the final. Anyone see it? What happened?

#67657 - 01/29/03 07:04 AM Re: Operación Triunfo ll
Melinda328 Offline

Loc: Madrid
I'm glad she won - She was my favorite of the girls (Nandez for the guys). I didn't get to see it, but a wonderful friend in Spain called me so I could listen since she knows how much I love Rosa and Bustamante and they had last year's winners announce this year's smile It was better than nothing!

There's a weekly radio show today that you can catch over the internet if you want to hear a resumen of what went on last week, keep up with the news, etc. You can hear it at los 40 principales - www.los40.com - from 8PM-10PM Spanish time.

Melinda

#67658 - 01/29/03 06:00 PM Re: Operación Triunfo ll
Shawn Offline
Executive Member

I can't believe she won. I thought most of the other chicas were way better looking than her, I mean they had way more talent than Ainhoa laugh laugh .
I guess talent is in the eye of the beholder, and this beholder thought some of the other candidates had more to offer, musicaly speaking of course. laugh wink

I'm getting prepared mentally for OTIII. I am sure next years winner will have more to offer: a nice smile, a great figure, sexy Spanish eyes, and of course some singing ability would be nice.

Puede que tenga un corazón latino, porque a mi entender las españolas son las chicas más monas del mundo. Las echo mucho de menos. Ojalá pueda ir a España este verano para ver la belleza asombrosa de estas nenas otra vez.

Saludos

#67659 - 08/15/03 07:38 AM Re: Operación Triunfo ll
Desiree1986 Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Heey Melinda!!! LOL we always find eachother everywhere!!! :p :p :p

But I loved OT2 as well.. maybe even more as OT1 because I've seen this one completely.. Ot1 I've jumped in on the gala with pisando fuerte (how could he get out so early ???) and vivir lo nuestro (LOL I thought how can those 2 still be in... because I knew the original... they turned out to be 1st and 2nd.. don't worry know I love them..)

And Hugo is great!!! Even though Nandez may be better.. I think he may turn out to be the real winner of OT2.. don't understand how Ainhoa could win.. she was a bit sad I think sometimes.. but have to admit I love her album, especially 3rd song.. no hieras maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas...

I was in Catalunya some weeks ago.. and I didn't hear Beth really often frown

well I go again.. my reply's are to long..

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1707 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments