MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#67630 - 10/07/02 11:54 AM Operación Triunfo ll
Shawn Offline
Executive Member

Loc: mentally - Spain, Physically -...
Sadly frown , I leave tomorrow so I wouldn´t be able to follow all the great juicy details of the show. Tonight starts the second year and luckily I´ll get a quick glimpse of the new season. I only hope its a fresh and exciting as the first edition.

I´ll be checking in to getting the DishNetwork back in the States, as they provide TVE in their Latino package (unfortunately only 1 channel from Spain and 19 others primarily targeted for the Mexican audience), meanwhile those in Spain during the programme could keep us posted with updates right here in the world famous MadridMan board. laugh

#67631 - 10/07/02 03:15 PM Re: Operación Triunfo ll
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
Ha, ha, Shawn, you're hilarious, but Ok wink , we'll do our best to keep you informed of the juiciest developments.

#67632 - 10/15/02 06:15 PM Re: Operación Triunfo ll
Shawn Offline
Executive Member

I gave my early prediction to PIM right before leaving Spain, so I'll let everyone in on my wise judgement. laugh I am predicting that the chavala form Valencia will win, Tessa.

I have visited the web-page for the show and it looks like she is doing well. I have my fingers crossed, I can only hope that the she amazes the judges as much as she has amazed me laugh

#67633 - 11/07/02 08:49 PM Re: Operación Triunfo ll
quime Offline

Loc: panama
sorry fellows, this second part wasnt good enough as the first did...
the guys and girls seems more skills on the beggining but...has no charisma at all (sorry, i mean feeling, no transmition of...sorry again, i cant explain due to my poor english, but someone will understand my meaning)
meanwhile, we will watching for a while... :p

#67634 - 11/30/02 06:14 AM Re: Operación Triunfo ll
pim Offline

Quime,
I don't agree with you, I think most of these kids do have a lot of charisma, it's just that last year's show was such an enourmous hit and everybody put those participants in such a high 'pedestal'.
I'm beginning to like this year's show more and more, although I'm worried that says something about possible masochistic tendencies, since I like it better when the show makes me cry a lot! rolleyes . I was specially moved last week when Marey and Dani Ubeda had to part....they make such a cute couple! (I know, I know, I'm hopeless! :o ).
It's true that less people are watching the show this time around, so it's less fun to "gossip" about it at the office, I fear that some of last year's viewers are maybe following Big Brother instead, who knows....

But, I promised Shawn to report on the shows developments, and here is a quick update:

-Shawn sorry, but I'm afraid your 'chavalita preferida' Tessa, is about to leave the academy on Monday, since she's been nominated along a super-hunky 'sevillano' named Hugo; it's her third or fourth nomination, and it's his first.

-I can't believe Vega is still around, she is an absolute BEAUTY, but her attitude....she is either sad or mad, crying ALL THE TIME over everything, she doesn't seem to be enjoying the experience, so....besides, she has a nice voice, but so little!, her voice is very "weak", she is 'afonica' most of the time (mmm, maybe because she cries so much?).

-On the contrary, it bothers me that Cristy was sent home, she has a great talent to sing M.Carey-W.Houston-type songs, but most of all, she is a superb 'flamenquito' singer and performer; she was a lot of fun when she was around, tremendously witty, with lots of 'gracia andaluza'.

-I really don't know who I want to win this year's edition, since I'm a big fan of:
Beth, Elena G., Manuel C. and Nandez....
I'll admit that I don't like Ainhoa, and was happy to see Enrique Anaut go (so egotistical).

-Some of this year's visitors to the academy so far have included:
Maria Carey(incredibly snotty), Christina Aguilera, Armando Manzanero, Noa, Pancho Cespedes, Phil Collins, Antonio Canales(the dancer), Paul Carrack, Anastacia, Kenny G.(Beth sung his latest song with him)....also, either Ainhoa, Nika or Elena, are going to record a song with Santana.

-Of course, the kids have already composed and are working on their very own song (equivalent to last year's 'A tu lado me siento segurooo....') and on an special X-mas album as well.

Well, that's all for now. Shawn we miss you over here smile !

#67635 - 11/30/02 04:12 PM Re: Operación Triunfo ll
Shawn Offline
Executive Member

Thanks Pim, Your reporting is even better than the famed Ana Rosa Quintana! Perhaps, you should have her job. wink

Wow! It is amazing to read about all the celebrities that have visited the academy this year. I'm dissapointed to read about Tessa, she is a real eye catcher, and talented as well laugh .

I can't wait to hear their xmas song, it will be difficult to top "a tu lado...".

Wish I were in Spain frown frown frown

#67636 - 12/03/02 12:45 PM Re: Operación Triunfo ll
Castiza Offline

Loc: Madrid
Yes, Tessa left the academy yesterday. It was hard to compete with Hugo, but if Hugo hadn't been so good looking things would have been different. He's only an OK singer.

#67637 - 12/04/02 08:42 AM Re: Operación Triunfo ll
caminante Offline

Loc: New York City
Here's a New York Times Article on Operacion Triunfo (registration required).

#67638 - 12/04/02 09:38 AM Re: Operación Triunfo ll
pim Offline

I just read the article and disagree on two basic points; in the first paragraph it's stated that there isn't much musical talent on the show (in my view SOME of the kids have plenty).
But specially, that part in which OT is compared with Big Brother, gives the impression, to someone who hasn't had direct access to the show, that the audience gets to watch the participants fool around in their pjs, or the viewers get to take peeks at their dormitories, bathrooms, etc..., and that's absolutely not the case; the cameras only have access to their classes (singing, English, acting, etiquette, gym,...) and their cafeteria (where they do most of the joking laugh ). I'd say the most "personal" stuff we get to watch is when, once in a while, about once a month I think, some contestant is visited by their friends or relatives.

#67639 - 12/04/02 11:36 AM Re: Operación Triunfo ll
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Pim,
The New York Times today carried a very nice article about Operación Triunfo!

In a Spanish Reality TV Show, Even the Losers Win!
smile

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1658 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments