Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#67548 - 08/23/02 10:48 AM spanish tv channels (in america)
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
I'm moving back to the dorms in a couple days to start the new semester. I was very pleased to get an email yesterday informing me that all residence halls rooms will now get 9 spanish television channels for free laugh ! The channels are...VH-UNO, MTVS, Telemundo International, Fox Sports Americas, CNN En Espanol, Cinelatino, HTVN, Discovery En Espanol, and Toon Disney En Espanol. Does anybody have experience with any of these, are any directly from spain (as opposed to latin america)?
Thanks, Kelly smile

#67549 - 08/23/02 11:09 AM Re: spanish tv channels (in america)
caminante Offline

Loc: New York City
All of them sound to me like Spanish language versions of American cable channels. I don't think you will find much programming from Spain.

#67550 - 08/23/02 11:25 AM Re: spanish tv channels (in america)
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
None of those networks are Spain-based, but you may actually catch a VJ from España on VH-Uno and MTVS.

In Los Angeles, there is a local cable station that ends up being channel 99 on Adelphia, but I think is K-something-LA or TVLA...they have a music program in the evenings that is hosted by an attractive younger woman with a castellano accent and great command of English. Any other angelinos see this program and know who she is?

#67551 - 08/23/02 12:59 PM Re: spanish tv channels (in america)
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
I'm not familiar with that channel Cali, but as far as the question goes, those are all channels based here in the U.S. or focusing on Latin America. The only true channel coming directly out of Spain is TVE that you can purchase if you get satelite Direct TV. And this is a modified channel made specifically for world audiences. I don't care because it comes from Spain and I looovvve those accents! I watch every Saturday 'Noche de Fiesta" which is the cheesiest variety show from Spain but when you really have no choice, it is the best :p !

So, if you can get a satellite dish, that is your ticket to Spain tv.
Anyone know otherwise?

#67552 - 08/23/02 07:55 PM Re: spanish tv channels (in america)
megia Offline

Loc: Sedona, Arizona
Calibasco, i don't know that station... i've got the Time/Warner South Pasadena/San Marino cable and we only get lame, homemade Mexican stations that you have to turn the volume up really loud to hear it.

Kelar419, i think your CNN will certainly have daily broadcasts from Spain. I was just in Cozumel mejico for a week and i watched daily broadcasts of news from Spain and Europe. i hope you do get the spanish broadcasts! you'll really like it.

andrew
:wq

#67553 - 08/23/02 10:17 PM Re: spanish tv channels (in america)
Fori Turolii Offline

Loc: Teruel - Aragón - España
To receive direct tv channels from Spain in América, it's recommended that you have a satellite dish directly to HISPASAT. You'll get the majority of the free Spain's channels as:

- TVE Internacional(Televisión Española), (not TVE1 and TVE2 like here)
- Telecinco
- Antena 3
- Some autonomic channels from Valencia, Cataluña, Madrid, Galicia, Andalucía, Canarias.
- Some specific channels.

the pay platform VIA DIGITAL (in Nagravision digital codification, for those than could pirate it, jejejeje).

The another gigital platform (CANAL SATÉLITE DIGITAL) goes through Astra satellite.

*sorry for my english, I'd improve, I know.

#67554 - 08/23/02 10:24 PM Re: spanish tv channels (in america)
Fori Turolii Offline

Loc: Teruel - Aragón - España

#67555 - 06/04/03 08:48 PM Re: spanish tv channels (in america)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I just got an email from someone in the USA asking this same question and searched/found this year-old thread. Do we have any updates/addissions/omissions from the list above? Thanks!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#67556 - 06/05/03 05:15 PM Re: spanish tv channels (in america)
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
A great channel that originates in Ohio is WMM-TV channel 1. Its programming is pretty boring usually, but you might get lucky and catch the occasional risqué naked man streaking across the screen. eek Oo la la!

#67557 - 06/06/03 04:29 PM Re: spanish tv channels (in america)
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
Kelar, there are many Spanish TV channels:

• MTV Spain
  • CNN + (Spanish CNN)
  • Disney Channel

They are available at either Via Digital or Canal Satélite Digital (the Spanish satellite digital platforms). These companies have merged and soon there will be only one platform with about 160 channels.
Unfortunately, they are not free channels and I guess cable or satellite operators there should have to agree and pay the Spanish company if they want to broadcast their signal in the US.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments