Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#67545 - 08/17/02 05:59 PM Kepa Junkera
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
I spent Friday evening at the Chino, CA Basque Club eating lamb and listening to great music. I'd never heard of Kepa Junkera prior to this week, but when I checked out their web page I was surprised to find out that they have 10 albums available.

The keystone of the four-member band is the accordion which, although atypical for the music I'm accustomed to, was wonderful. The band is in the midst of playing dates around the US. They'll be in San Francisco next weekend and then onto Seattle. If you can, I suggest you check them out!

The music is traditional Basque fused with jazz. Usually they get the classification of "world music."

Now, it's onto a good CD website to do some purchasing!

#67546 - 08/20/02 04:02 PM Re: Kepa Junkera
Asterault Offline

Loc: Gijón
Ei, cholo, did you take any fotos at the party?

#67547 - 08/23/02 11:28 AM Re: Kepa Junkera
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Alas, I spent a large fraction of the evening keeping my eye on my little daughter...there were many other kids there playing, but you can't be too careful.

I'm assuming someone must have taken pictures at some time. Did you want one autographed or what?

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Mah-g, Ricardo Mata
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1807 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments