Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#67467 - 06/20/02 11:40 AM Searching for a song
RLCrews Offline

Loc: Missouri
While in Spain a few weeks ago, I heard a song frequently played on the Pop Radio Stations;I loved it! I have been unable to find out the title, artist, etc. It's very fast and has the words "Say hey, hey ... y de boogie ... y le baila, y le bolso, y le canta. . ." Okay, it's in Spanish and my spelling is probably wrong. I am determined to find out the artist to purchase this CD. Thanks for any help! RLCrews

#67468 - 06/20/02 12:55 PM Re: Searching for a song
Roe Offline

Loc: california
it might be "las ketchup" by Asereje

#67469 - 06/20/02 12:57 PM Re: Searching for a song
Castiza Offline

Loc: Madrid
I guess it must be one of this year's summer song. It's called "Aserejé" by Las Ketchup (I watched an interview in which they explained their group name, they're daughters of a flamenco singer called "El Tomate" wink ).
Don't try to translate the chorus lyrics; it's not Spanish, just some invented sounds.

#67470 - 06/21/02 08:33 AM Re: Searching for a song
Miguelito Offline

No doubt, it will be the summer song. It's a very special version of a song called Rapper's delight, and the words try to be a fonetic aproximation to the English ones.
I have already learnt it :
Aserejé ja dejé dejeve tude jébere sebiunouva majavi tude bugui ande vinidipí...
The original one said:
I have an n on an n ....... or something like that.
THIS year foreigners have easier than Spniards to learn the song of the summer smile

#67471 - 06/21/02 11:34 AM Re: Searching for a song
caminante Offline

Loc: New York City
Thanks for the info! I heard the song in Spain a few weeks ago too. But it hasn't appeared on the 40 Principales list. I will try to download it tonight. A very catchy tune. And Las Ketchup is a great name for a band.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Espanol, quinlan
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2608 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments