MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#67434 - 05/25/02 06:55 AM Re: Summer songs
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
Hey Russ,

I just have one thing to say....WE'RE GONNA WIN TONITE!!!!!
(And it's about time too. You have never watched this song contest before, the rest of the songs are bound to be even tackier!)

GO ROSITA, GO!!!

#67435 - 05/25/02 08:51 AM Re: Summer songs
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
Have a good party tonight pim! cool I'll be watching it too! laugh

Jo Waterloo Dingadong Congratulations Boom Bang a Bang (why can't I remember the names of some more recent ones!!! eek )

#67436 - 05/25/02 10:01 AM Re: Summer songs
Shawn Offline
Executive Member

Loc: mentally - Spain, Physically -...
I agree with pim, Rosa is going to win!!!. The other 22 countries in the competition donīt have a chance. One country, I canīt remember which, is featuring a group of croos-dresses. A few other nations will offer similar trash. But, Rosa will be singing the song that may repalce Beethoven 9th as the official hymn of EU, then again perhaps not. laugh In short, Iīm ready for six hours of enlightening TV tonight: 3 hours of pre-Eurovision with Carlos Lozano, and 3 hours of the real thing.
Rosa is great, although I can only understand her when she sings. I swear she speaks with cotton in her mouth. When she wins Eurovision perhaps the Seguridad Social will be willing to pay for speach therapy.
2 hours to go, I neeed to buy my pan and jamón for bocatas during the marathon event. This could be better than the Superbowl, especially the last one (I am suffering Ramīs fan).

#67437 - 05/25/02 06:18 PM Re: Summer songs
LostInMadrid Offline

Loc: Madrid, Spain
7th...

Not too bad considering the competition. I only saw the first 6 acts (Rosa was fifth) and I must say that they were all really poor, though the Latvia chick was hot. I can't believe how long the competition was, actually. We turned it off and watched a video and I thought I would need to go online to see who won, but when the video was over they were JUST counting votes. Wow.

Shawn, did this show just SCREAM European? No seriously, it was like a parody of a European variety show. Everyone was talking and singing in incredibly accented English (though you couldn't hear them very well with the Spanish over-dub) and the hosts were somewhat good-looking only-famous-in-Europe types in nuevo-70s outfits. It was unnerving to say the least.

What is WITH the lip sinking here in Europe?

-Russ

P.S. They rebroadcast the show this morning, I caught some more acts... oof. I've seen better choreography in 9th grade air-band contests.

#67438 - 05/25/02 08:20 PM Re: Summer songs
alabina Offline

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
When I was on Madrid a couple weeks ago, I saw on TV in the hotel a talk show, with various spanish singers. And Rosa was one of them. Then on the streets I saw lots of bootlegged CDs for 3 euros, (so I bought 2! :p ) One Shakira, and on Rosa. I heard her music everywhere too, but never heard of her before here in North America. I did a search on the internet. Has she just (Rosa) become famous recently? And all some of songs original? or just she just do renditions of others music like Say a little prayer or Celebration?

#67439 - 05/26/02 05:36 AM Re: Summer songs
Shawn Offline
Executive Member

Loc: mentally - Spain, Physically -...
Eurovision was a blast, other than Rosa not walking away the champ. It was great to see the countless parodies of the Backstreet Boys rolleyes . In all honesty, I would have to give the lemon of the evening to the Greek "boy-band". I couldnīt stop laughing during their performance with their Road Warrior looking outfits and weak lyrics. Of course, there were the pop diva types and for the most part I discovered a new appreciation for Brittaney Spears after seeing them.

I found the dubber kind of annoing, with his specualtion of how each country would vote while they were announcing their votes.

#67440 - 05/26/02 11:04 AM Re: Summer songs
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
Oooh! What a dissapointment! Oh well....

Germany, Sweden OR Spain were supposed to win, and at the end, they even did worse than us!!!

France gave us 12 points....what a shocker!

Wow, Russ and Shawn, it must have been QUITE a European experience for you two!

I wonder what the results would have been like, if instead of all those "new European countries" such as Latvia, Estonia, or Lithuania, etc..., we would have had more of "the oldies" participating (countries like Portugal, Italy, or Holland weren't there!!!)

Rosita's still fantastic!

#67441 - 05/27/02 08:56 PM Re: Summer songs
Majesty318 Offline

Loc: New Jersey, USA
I am about to cry thinking how the past 2 summers I have been in Spain for these summer songs and this summer I must content myself by playing Caribe 2000 and Caribe 2001 loudly in the car while driving around the USA, but anyway, please someone post the names and artists of this year's "Bomba," "Yo quiero bailar," etc. so I can make myself a new CD! Thanks!!!!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mencey, Mirthmantis
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2787 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments