Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#67391 - 06/02/02 02:25 PM Re: Ismael Serrano
josie Offline

Loc: Silver Spring, MD, USA
Fri. night my daughter and I went to the Ismael Serrano concert at Teatro Albeniz in Madrid. Maravilloso! laugh The seats pim got for us were terrific, with an excellent view. Ismael performed for almost 2 hours, and then was called back for several encores. Unfortunately he didnīt perform the only song I knew the words to (because they were posted here): Km 0. Still, it was a fantastic experience, and Iīm definitely going to pick up his CDs before I come home. (Corte Ingles has a 21% sale going on now, too. smile )

#67392 - 06/03/02 07:29 AM Re: Ismael Serrano
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Josie!! Thanks SO MUCH for the report!!! Wow. I wish I could have gone to that. MAN, I WISH I could have gone to that!!!!! I know that Caminante was in Spain during that concert and think he too planned to attend. But did he...?? You all could've gone together! I know he was in Barcelona for the Paco Bello concert and he was nice enough to pick up Ismael Serrano's last 3 CDs for me.. can't wait for his return and his mailing.

How was Teatro Albeniz? I've never been there. Is it nice? Is it an old theater or one of the modern ones?

And I can't believe he didn't sing Km.0!!! What a bummber! Maybe he's tired of signing it already. Mmmmmm.. what a nice song that is. But did you take advantage of the El Corte Inglés sale on CDs to get those CDs?

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip too. Glad you had a nice time at the concert. Isn't pim the best? smile That was nice of her to pick up those tickets for you.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#67393 - 06/03/02 07:50 AM Re: Ismael Serrano
caminante Offline

Loc: New York City
We saw Ismael Serrano in Barcelona on Saturday night. He played for a loooong time. It was great!!!! smile smile smile smile The friends who got us our tickets told us they were ninth row, but didnīt mention it was ninth row of the second balcony. It was in the incredible Palau de la Musica which is a sight to behold on its own. We left at about the third encore because we thought it was the end, but we missed 20-30 mins more of the concert mad The new album is fantastic! laugh

We saw Paco Bello y Raul Hernandez (Doctor Grillo) in Madrid on Friday. That was a great show in a small bar in Chueca (Buho Real). We got to meet the artists afterwards. They would like to come play in New York if they can find places to play. Two great concerts. The trip is going great but we head back to the US tomorrow mad

#67394 - 06/03/02 07:58 AM Re: Ismael Serrano
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Caminante, did Serrano sing Km.0 at YOUR concert?? I'm guessing NOT. What a shame. frown

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#67395 - 06/03/02 10:24 AM Re: Ismael Serrano
caminante Offline

He didnīt play Km. 0 while we were there. But he played so many awesome songs, and the crowd was great!!!!

#67396 - 06/03/02 12:41 PM Re: Ismael Serrano
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Sounds like some GREAT concerts, caminante/Josie! I'm curious, does Ismael Serrano play guitar while singing or does he just sit in front of the microphone and sing with the musicians behind him?

#67397 - 06/03/02 01:18 PM Re: Ismael Serrano
josie Offline

Loc: Silver Spring, MD, USA
Letīs see if I can remember all those questions!

Yes, Ismael Serrano does play guitar while he sings. His band is great too. I especially enjoyed the keyboarding that accompanies many of the songs.

Teatro Albeniz is not new, itīs tucked away on c/Paz, a narrow old street just off of Puerta del Sol. Walking down it in the daytime you wouldnīt think anything much ever happened there. Oh, man, would I love to have seen Serrano in the Palau in Barcelona. That has to be one of the most beautiful buildings Iīve ever seen. I swear, the next time I come back to Spain Iīm going to go back to Barcelona and try to go to an organ concert there. (It was being restored last year)

Yes, pim is the greatest, she met my daughter and I at Maceira to give us our tickets and we have also dined with her and a friend at the new restaurant, Nudel Bar. (I never imagined Iīd ever be eating with chopsticks in Madrid!).

No, I havenīt bought the Serrano CDs yet, but tomorrow and Wed. are our shopping days since we return on Thurs. frown so Iīll be picking them up then.

Did I answer everything? Oh, and a funny thing about our seats at the concert--we were in a row of 6 seats, seated there were 3 mothers and three daughters.

Time to go for the daily afternoon helado. laugh

#67398 - 06/03/02 04:22 PM Re: Ismael Serrano
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
Hey Josie, (Amy), and MMan; thanks for the 'piropos' but it was MY pleasure to meet you guys. smile

Now, a little explanation about WHY I would suggest to Josie and her lovely daughter to join me and my friend for dinner at a CHINESE restaurant!
It's a new place for basically Chinese noodles and rice, opened only about 10 days ago and owned by a friend of mine, Jill, that I sort of knew through this site. (I met her at a friend's party, but I recognized her as being one of the attendants at the December MMan's party whose pic I'd seen posted). So I hope that makes it OK MMan??? wink

Anyway, LOOOVED it and I recommend it to anybody who misses these "noodle places", that are so common in London, for instance; here, this one's the first. Also, for people who want cheap but very tasty and filling!(ŋ?) food, and very friendly service!!! laugh

Wow! I've gotten so out of topic, SORRY!!! :o

#67399 - 06/04/02 06:02 PM Re: Ismael Serrano
caminante Offline

I'm back in the US mad

One more thing about Ismael Serrano's band (to move it back on topic) is that it features Javier Bergia on percussion. Bergia is a great singer / cantautor in his own right and he and Serrano sang one of Bergia's songs during the concert in Barcelona.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1568 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments