Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#67371 - 05/21/02 08:41 AM Re: Ismael Serrano
GranadaGirl Offline

Loc: Maryland via Connecticut, USA ...
Oh my god I LOVE HIM!!! I've never heard him before, but just listened to 'eres' I think, and he's wonderful!!

NOW I have to figure out HOW to get his music here!!

-GG

#67372 - 05/21/02 09:07 AM Re: Ismael Serrano
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
Yep! Ismael Serrano....great lyrics, and VERY attractive! (I know, I know, I'm being VERY shallow!) wink

MMan, have you watched the movie Kilometro 0?, the song you like belongs to that soundtrack.

Saludos,

p

#67373 - 05/21/02 09:28 AM Re: Ismael Serrano
Espe3 Offline

Josie, you're missing the 9. I looked at the concert list and if you're calling about the concert in madrid, call: 011-34-902-488-488.
I can't find the number you may be talking about. Tell me where it is and I'll tell you how to call! smile I hope you get to go!

#67374 - 05/21/02 09:56 AM Re: Ismael Serrano
josie Offline

Loc: Silver Spring, MD, USA
Oh, thanks for the help, Espe3! I found the phone number on Serrano's web site ( http://www.IsmaelSerrano.com ) under the section about concerts. It says CajaMadrid, 902 488 488. Apparently this number is for the Spanish equivalent of Ticketmaster? I'm at work now, but I will try calling again tomorrow morning before coming to work. I hope there are at least two decent seats left. Of course, I have no idea how to tell over the phone whether the seats are decent or not. Oh well, it'll be an adventure! smile

josie

#67375 - 05/21/02 01:47 PM Re: Ismael Serrano
GranadaGirl Offline

Hey, Pim, shallow is ok!! Do you know where I may find some more pictures of him?!? rolleyes

Does anyone know if amazon.com carries his stuff? I'll have to definitely look for him next time I'm in NYC at the Virgin Megastore, they have a large World Music section.

Hasta pronto-

GG

#67376 - 05/21/02 04:14 PM Re: Ismael Serrano
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
pim wrote:
Quote:
MMan, have you watched the movie Kilometro 0?, the song you like belongs to that soundtrack.
No! I haven't seen it, but then I haven't been able to see many movies from Spain apart from the biggies. Nor have I seen the video for "Eres" yet. I'll have to watch more of those great nighttime music videos on AndaluciaTV. smile

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#67377 - 05/21/02 11:51 PM Re: Ismael Serrano
GranadaGirl Offline

Ok, so maybe I'm gullible today, but you're joking, right, MM?? You don't actually GET Andalucia tv, or are you just toying with all of us Span-o-philes? laugh (It's been a long day...)

Either way, if you find Kilometro 0, can you let me know? I'm going to go look for it and other Ismael stuff now!!

Buenas noches!!

GG rolleyes

#67378 - 05/22/02 12:48 AM Re: Ismael Serrano
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

GranadaGirl, 247 posts here and you don't yet know about MadridMan\'s Spain Radio, TV, Music, & Movies page which carries direct links to the internet broadcasts of Spain's TV stations (all which are available) like Antena3 (national), CRTVG (Galicia), ExpansiónTV (finance/business), ETB from País Basco, AND AndalucíaTV ??? confused On the latter you can watch Andalucía tourism programs on the weekends/morning, talk shows, news, sports, AND music videos at night. I love the Andalucía tourism programs which tell about different regions, the people and landscapes, and all with beautiful, typical background music. I just love these programs. They take me there..... to Spain. Mmmm..

The music videos are showing RIGHT NOW as I type this!!!!!!! And you won't see any of those crummy English-language music videos either! wink These are ALL SPANISH and mainly ALL SPAIN music videos. Enjoy!

Yet another edit/update: I JUST finished watching Rosario's "Agua y Sal" video. Nice.. slow.. sweet.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#67379 - 05/22/02 08:25 AM Re: Ismael Serrano
josie Offline

Loc: Silver Spring, MD, USA
Well, thanks to Espe3's help I was able to reach the box office in Madrid where Ismael Serrano tickets are on sale. The woman I spoke with talked a mile a minute (seemed faster in Spanish, of course), and it was a real struggle to understand her. But there *were* still tickets available. I chose Tues night the 28th, the first of the 3 nights he'll be performing in Madrid. I asked which would be the best seats, and she said the 1st floor. I asked if they had a good view, and she said she didn't know, she wasn't familiar with the theater. The tickets were 15 euros each, so I decided to take them. I wondered how I would pick them up, but she said I could get them before the concert at the ticket window as long as I had my passport and credit card. I gave her my credit card number, then she wanted a phone number, and I was able to give her the number of the Spanish cell phone I'll have the use of during my trip. It sounds like such a simple conversation as I write it, but I must have said "que dice?" and "no entiendo" about every other word. But I was getting tickets! This was actually easier than I thought, but then...wait...what was she saying? It seemed like there was some problem, but I couldn't figure out what it was. The poor woman, she was having a hard time figuring out the simplest way to explain it (which didn't include speaking any slower smile ) She wanted my name? I began to spell it...no, that wasn't it. Who was buying these tickets? I was, the card was in my name...no, not that either. Turns out that to buy those tickets over the phone I needed to have a credit card from a Spanish bank! Arrgh! After almost 10 minutes of struggling with my rusty Spanish, I'm undone for lack of a proper credit card. frown I protested that by the time I arrived in Spain there would be no tickets left. She agreed.

Oh well...visiting Spain is a learning experience, and in this case the learning started before I left. I wonder, in Spain do people without tickets go early to concerts like this and wait in line until just before it starts to see if any unclaimed tickets are put on sale? Maybe I'll just look for his CDs.

At any rate, I'll still be in Madrid...that's the truly important part. smile

#67380 - 05/22/02 08:29 AM Re: Ismael Serrano
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Quote:
The tickets were 15 euros each, so I decided to take them.
eek SO CHEAP!!!?? eek But what??! YOU HAVE to have a credit card from a Spanish bank so you could not buy them? That's ridiculous!!! rolleyes

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments