Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#67289 - 05/02/02 06:55 AM Re: Real Madrid v. Barcelona tonight - Observer article
El Boqueron Offline

Loc: UK
So, it's Real Madrid vs. Bayer Leverkusen (who??)in the final! The Germans beat both Man. U., and my own team Liverpool in the preceeding matches, so there's no doubt who I'll be supporting. Now I just need to persuade my wife of how important it is that we're in Spain for the final!

By the way, ETA set off 2 car bombs near the Bernabeu stadium shortly before last night's Real vs. Barca 2nd leg.

#67290 - 05/02/02 10:49 AM Re: Real Madrid v. Barcelona tonight - Observer article
LostInMadrid Offline

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Okay, so what was up with the field? It was like a freakin' swimming pool...

For those of you who don't live here in Madrid, we haven't had rain in quite some time. Beautiful weather, actually (except for and yesterday which have been a bit brisk... I digress).

Now, I'm as happy as the next Madridista that the home team won. But with Barcelona needing to score 3 goals in order to continue, the pitch was perfect to prevent a high-scoring match. I mean it was ridiculous, the players couldn't stay on their feet it was so wet... The ball would shed water when they kicked it and come to a dead stop with a SPLAT in some places.

Is this type of thing common? The most maddening thing is that I figured there would be some sort of uproar about it, but I haven't seen a thing...

-Russ

#67291 - 05/02/02 05:16 PM Re: Real Madrid v. Barcelona tonight - Observer article
Asterault Offline

Loc: Gijón
Interesting article about Madrid and Barcelona, did the writer ever live in either place? I have quite differing opinions... anyway LIM/Russ are you stopping by the gathering on the 4th? I am in town this weekend.

#67292 - 05/15/02 11:00 PM Re: Real Madrid v. Barcelona tonight - Observer article
Bocata King Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
ALA Madrid!!!!!

Another champion's league title!!!! I wish I was there celebrating in madrid with all you guys today!!!

BK

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments