Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#67229 - 03/18/02 08:07 PM sms to spanish cellphones
Guapetona Offline

i don't know if many use any sites to sms to friends/family in spain...i use two that are great and free!! miraen sms http://www.xasa.com/sms/navegalia.htm
does anyone know of any others??
thanks,
liz

#67230 - 03/18/02 09:18 PM Re: sms to spanish cellphones
GranadaGirl Offline

Loc: Maryland via Connecticut, USA ...
Hola Guapetona!

I use: http://www.vizzavi.es/sms it's through navegalia.com, and then you go down the right side bar and choose sms, and there you are!

It's a great thing when you just want to say hi or if you know they'll be there to respond!

-GG

#67231 - 03/19/02 06:49 AM Re: sms to spanish cellphones
LostInMadrid Offline

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Also, if you know the operator, many times they have email gateways that you can use to send SMS messages. It's very useful since if the person responds to your email message with their mobile, you'll receive their response in your email. This makes it more like real SMS messages and less like you're just "paging" them via a webpage.

For example here's my email address (Telefonica's Movistar): 686361410@correo.movistar.net. Feel free to test it out and I'll try to respond to you... My wife will think I'm suddenly very popular. (Keep in mind the +6 to +9 hour differences in timezone with the U.S.!!!)

I'm pretty sure that Amena and Vodafone have the same thing, maybe someone can find their info...

-Russ

#67232 - 03/19/02 04:32 PM Re: sms to spanish cellphones
jer Offline

Loc: madrid, spain... the plaza may...
Hi all, vizzavi and xasa are indeed both hooked into the Navegalia site and Navegalia is the web portal of "Vodafone" which used to be Airtel. Vodafone owns it all and many sms sites use their system.

Hope you all got that smsmess laugh

Saludos,
jer...

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2020 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments