Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#67194 - 02/25/02 02:39 PM Las Noticias Del Guiņol
Bocata King Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
Hello everyone,

I havenīt noticed anything about my favorite Canal+ skits here in the message boards, so I thought I would share the link with everyone.
http://www.plus.es/codigo/television/guinoles2/

For those that don't know, "Las Noticias Del Guiņol" are a five minute puppet skit that they do after the news every night on Canal+. They basically just make fun of what is happening in Spanish/World politics. They usually put up a new one every day, so it kind of gives you a little bit of Spain to look forward to every morning!

Enjoy!

BK smile

#67195 - 02/25/02 09:45 PM Re: Las Noticias Del Guiņol
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
"MUY BUENAS NOCHES NOCHES AT TODOS TODOS"

Bocata King, I want to thank you for starting this thread. I just LOVE watching those puppets (well, they're not real "puppets" in the sense you might expect - they're really very life/humanlike, using human hands as their hands), always making fun of Aznar, popular Spanish actors, and the soccer star of the week whom they always make into a total dimwit (idiot). I watch this program often whenever I'm in Spain. It's very funny and SO politically INcorrect. Thanks!!!

After watching the February 20th segment, it ends with President Bush talking about the souvenirs he picked up in Tokyo and then stating, "Life is like a box of cookies. You never know what you're going to get" and then choking on one of those cookies and falling off his presidential chair.

Saludos, MadridMan

[ 02-25-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#67196 - 02/26/02 01:35 AM Re: Las Noticias Del Guiņol
Bocata King Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
I swear, I watch those things almost solely for their mockery of the monkey/president that runs our country!

Maybe that is harsh, but none the less, it is awesome to see some outright criticism once and a while, now that we can't get any of that here in the U.S.

Buenas noches noches.

#67197 - 02/26/02 07:46 PM Re: Las Noticias Del Guiņol
DrSigmundFraud Offline

BK,
Thanks for sharing that thread. Las Noticias reminds me of the viciously hilarious "Spitting Image" from England.
The segment on Bush was particularly good.
Thanks.

#67198 - 03/11/05 08:29 PM Re: Las Noticias Del Guiņol
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes,Las Noticias del Guinol is really awsome.While I was in Madrid I watched it just about everyday I was there. Unbeleivable how they make those puppets seem so real and so funny.I remember it came on about 8:50 pm or so. Too bad it only lasts 5 or 10 mins.I'd be better if it lasted for at least half an hour.Etcetera,Etcetera,Etcetera. laugh

#67199 - 03/11/05 11:04 PM Re: Las Noticias Del Guiņol
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
And NOW you can watch them everyday via the internet @ http://www.plus.es/codigo/television/guinoles2/ . Enjoy!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#67200 - 03/12/05 01:00 AM Re: Las Noticias Del Guiņol
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks MadridMan! and I want to take this oportunity to also thank you for creating this wonderful website that brings Spain closer to all of us who don't live there. wink

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments