Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#6716 - 03/15/04 02:50 PM Madrid: Hostal Alhambra
der_geograf Offline

Loc: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
I HIGHLY recommend this place. The address is Espoz y Mina 6, and it is right around the corner from the Puerta del Sol--so it is very centrally located. It is within walking distance of a LOT of great eateries. I am not sure if this was a promotional thing or not, but we received vouchers for breakfast at a nearby taberna (toast with or without ham, cheese, and butter, and a cup of expresso).

You can walk to virtually anywhere, or take the Metro or a taxi to Atocha. If memory serves me correctly, the cab ride from Barajas Int'l was under 20 Euros. The staff is friendly, and the rooms are clean. Only minus--watch out on the way up the steps . . . the flights vary in height, and it can make for an embarrassing trip when going up or down! ;-)

http://www.hostalalhambra.com/

#6717 - 03/15/04 09:15 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Alhambra
sookkwan Offline

Loc: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
we'll be staying there in mid may - nice to know it's good!

#6718 - 03/16/04 11:18 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Alhambra
der_geograf Offline

Loc: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Cool! You are going to have a blast!! Also, I forgot to mention that there basement store with internet access and international phone connections around the corner in the Puerta del Sol. Just walk to the P de S and turn left, and look for the huge sign that says "INTERNET." Pretty reasonable hours, too.

Have fun!!!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1644 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments