Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#6712 - 03/15/04 02:43 AM help! need a Hostal in Sevilla April 8 & 9!
GaryDP Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, California
It's Holy week and I can't seem to find a place anywhere that has vacancy in Sevilla April 8 & 9. I was hoping for cheap but at this point I just need to find soemthing decent before we're stuck without any room at all. Anyone have any reccomendations who might have rooms available?

#6713 - 03/15/04 05:24 AM Re: help! need a Hostal in Sevilla April 8 & 9!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
GaryDP, welcome to our message board.

Wow. Going to Sevilla for Holy Week and you don't (yet) have reservations. Yes, I think anything affordable went out the window several weeks ago. You'll be lucky to get a 4* or 5* at this point, I'm afraid.

There were some other threads in the last week or two about people with the same trouble so you might try to find those to see if they had some solutions.

I recall suggesting trying to find something in nearby towns OUTSIDE of Seville city and this may be your only option at this point. But you never know. MAYBE there were some cancellations (I hope not for Spain's sake but hope so for yours) in light of recent events.

There's also an excellent chance that all those establishments which have a website are already full - this tends to be the way it goes. So, whatever you do find won't likely have a website so you'll be going in sight-unseen. If this doesn't bother you, you could try calling (by phone) some of the "hostales" and if they're already full ask them if they can recommend another. Many "hostales" have a kind of "spill-over lis" which are usually nearby places where they'll send clients if theirs if already full.

Otherwise, you could try one of those online reservations services. Ugh. I really don't care for these services but in these situations it may be your only option. Just be prepared to pay.

Good luck and enjoy! It really is a beautiful event.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#6714 - 03/15/04 10:51 AM Re: help! need a Hostal in Sevilla April 8 & 9!
GaryDP Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, California
Thanks for the reply. Can you recommend an area outside the city that is nice and not too far? I'm not familiar enough with Spain to know one area from another. We do have a car so distance isn't a problem.

What can we expect as far as finding parking in Sevilla that week?

#6715 - 03/15/04 10:58 AM Re: help! need a Hostal in Sevilla April 8 & 9!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Check out the
" Help! Sevilla Lodging Emergency! " thread for more information.

Parking will be difficult AT BEST. You'll likely WANT to park in one of the parking garages on the fringe of the city and WALK in or take a bus/taxi to the center.

Best of luck and enjoy Sevilla for Semana Santa. It really is a beautiful event in Spain. Quite touching.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments