Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#67121 - 01/29/02 10:33 AM Re: Virtually walk through Madrid!
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
MM

Can I give your name and number to my course tutors? You realise that NONE of my assignments will meet their deadline now!?!?!? Will they accept my reasons?

And to think, we were having a tutorial in Study Skills today called 'Time Management', and I told the tutor that I NEVER wasted any of my time . . . . rolleyes rolleyes and that Mature Students don't need this module! Perhaps I was wrong. eek

Jo

#67122 - 01/30/02 11:57 AM Re: Virtually walk through Madrid!
dargus Offline

Loc: Edmonton, AB, Canada
Grafitti (sp.) - I come from a place where grafitti is not yet out of control but it's certainly become a civic issue in the past couple of years. While browsing the Fotos site I see grafitti in the majority of places and it seems to be mainly on the metal doors but some areas have it on every wall. Perhaps these are the poorer districts (ie. similar to the Bronx or parts of L.A.), I don't know, I've never been to Madrid and don't want to make false assumptions. I had heard about this in Madrid but admit to being shocked at the amount of it (I consider it a blight on the urban landscape - there are others who consider it street art). When in Paris two years ago I was also shocked , and disappointed, at the amount of graffitti that had accumulated in the left bank in just the two years between my visits. Is this a concern or an issue in Madrid? Or am I overreacting to what I observe on little photos on a website? Graffitti, especially an overabundance of it, just seems to make a place look seedy and unkept. Any comments on this?
Thanks!
Dargus

#67123 - 01/30/02 05:40 PM Re: Virtually walk through Madrid!
mick nick Offline

Loc: wakefield , w.yorks
La Latina is a great little area for a great night out.If you get into the backstreets rather than the main Cava Baja/Alta streets youll more than likely be the only tourist in the place.We enjoyed a restaurant called Taberna Los Austurias and were given a couple of Tintos on the house!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
1 registered (ChrisS), 1618 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments