Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#67081 - 01/07/02 11:20 PM Operacion Triunfo (TV Show)
sriman14 Offline

please someone tell me what is going on in operacion triunfo or tell me how i can find out from the states. I left before it finished and i'm interested in what's going on. thanks. sriman14@hotmail.com confused

[ 01-08-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#67082 - 01/08/02 07:23 AM Re: Operacion Triunfo (TV Show)
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
Hi Sriman14,

Quick recap of last night's show:

-They chose Alex over Juan to re-enter the academy as a 'regalo de Reyes'. (Thank God!)
-Later, they nominated Naím and Alex, so one of them is leaving next Monday.
-Rosa forgot some of the lyrics in the middle of her performance, and cried a lot afterwards!
-The Disney Company chose Gisela, out of the five remaining girls, to sing the Spanish version of a song from their next movie release.
-We got to watch how they changed their looks for the new Year's Eve party at the academy(also them eating the grapes!); and the 'inocentada' they suffered on the 28 of December.
-During the live show, they surprised singer Rosario Flores(daughter of Lola Flores), singing her song 'Qué bonito....' for her.
-Also, now there's an Operación Triunfo TVchannel(in Via Digital probably).

Their official webpage is: www.portalmix.com/triunfo/

#67083 - 01/08/02 08:24 AM Re: Operacion Triunfo (TV Show)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
pim, thanks for that link to their official website. Another I found (mirror site) @ http://www.operaciontriunfo.com/triunfo/

[ 01-08-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#67084 - 01/08/02 11:50 AM Re: Operacion Triunfo (TV Show)
caminante Offline

Loc: New York City
I'm guessing this is like a Spanish version of "Pop Stars". Looking at the web site, it seems more involved than the American version.

#67085 - 01/15/02 10:38 PM Re: Operacion Triunfo (TV Show)
mencey Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
My mother in Law came in from the Canary Islands and brought with her the cd of operacion triunfo, esta q' te cambas. There are a lot of awesome songs on it and they are all indeed very good singers!

#67086 - 01/16/02 08:05 PM Re: Operacion Triunfo (TV Show)
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
Just two quick comments to show how successful is being this TV programme.

They have sold 1,000,000 copies of the Operacion Triunfo CD so far (this is a huge number for a country like Spain).

They have sold 210,000 Operación Triunfo videos in just 1 week!!!.

#67087 - 01/21/02 09:23 PM Re: Operacion Triunfo (TV Show)
Rafael Offline

Loc: Riverside, California, USA
It is Monday 5:30 in the afternoon here in Los Angeles and I am watching Operacion Triunfo on TV.
I have DirecTV satelite system , and I had purchaced "Para todos" package that includes more than 50 channels in English and 22 channels in Spanish and one of those is one channel from Spain, Television Española Internacional . the channel I am watching right now.
I pay 35 dollars per month.
my brother has the other system Dish Network and only receive Spanish channels and pay 21 dollars.
You can get the receiver, antenna, and the instalation for free if you choose the package "Para Todos" for one year.

Rafael

[ 01-21-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#67088 - 01/22/02 11:06 AM Re: Operacion Triunfo (TV Show)
Shawn Offline
Executive Member

Loc: mentally - Spain, Physically -...
Who is going to get the spot in Eurovision? The show ends in February, so its getting close to the moment of truth. I think Gisela, Disney recently hired her to sing the Castellano version of an upcoming movie, is the most dynamic on stage. David Bisbal has the better voice, but I am partial to the pretty girl with the great stage precence. Are there any other insightful opinions?
BTW, The song "Mi Música Es Tu Voz" is a nice song, but it is played nonstop here. I like choclate cake, but I don´t need to eat it every 20 minutes.

#67089 - 01/22/02 11:18 AM Re: Operacion Triunfo (TV Show)
hombre_gizon Offline

Loc: Madrid
The one I like best is Bisbal. But ... Manu is improving a lot and now, he is my second choice. On third position I'd choose Chenoa.

So ...
1st: Bisbal
2nd: Manu
3rd: Chenoa laugh laugh

#67090 - 01/25/02 02:37 AM Re: Operacion Triunfo (TV Show)
pim Offline

Shawn, I'm curious, who's in your opinion the pretty girl? They're all quite pretty! Is it Nuria?, she's indeed a good representative for "Spanish beauty" (specially southern).
I love Rosa and HER VOICE, although I didn't like her at the very begginning when she cried so much, poor thing! (Which is why I'm not very fond of D. Bustamante! :))

Bisbal is not so bad either....

I love Veronica's personality.

Isn't it strange? Most Spaniards talk about them as if they were our relatives or neighbors!

#67091 - 01/25/02 12:36 PM Re: Operacion Triunfo (TV Show)
Shawn Offline
Executive Member

Loc: mentally - Spain, Physically -...
Pim,
Actually all the girls are quite pretty, but I was suggesting that my favourite amongst the "chicas" is Gisela. I guess I didn´t make myself clear about this.

BTW Chenoa seems very arrogant, so I hope she abanonds the academy quickly.

Regards,
Shawn laugh

#67092 - 02/05/02 04:43 PM Re: Operacion Triunfo (TV Show)
pim Offline

There's only one more week of Operación Triunfo left!!!

After last night's show; the six finalists are:

Rosa, David Bisbal, Chenoa, Manu Tenorio, Vero, y David Bustamante.

It was very sad to see Gisela and specially Nuria(la Fergó) go.

#67093 - 02/10/02 11:06 AM Re: Operacion Triunfo (TV Show)
pim Offline

Well, tomorrow is the last show.
Just so you know how popular this contest has become, last Monday's edition was the single most watched program in Spain in the last five years!!!
If we were to make a 'porra', I'd bet for these three finalists: Rosa, Chenoa, and David Bisbal, although I kind of like Manu Tenorio a little better than him.

#67094 - 02/10/02 01:39 PM Re: Operacion Triunfo (TV Show)
Castiza Offline

Yes, pim, it's amazing how "Operación Triunfo" has become so popular. At first, I wasn't interested in watching the show, but I HAD to start watching it because everybody was talking the whole week about their participants (and I was lost in those conversations). It's been a great success in Spain and the finalists are now very famous.

I also think that the winners will be David Bisbal (a Luis Miguel wannabe, but the most popular), Rosa (a girl who has the best voice and has lost "god knows" how many kilos in the academy) and Chenoa (a great performer but not very loved by the audience because she seems a bit arrogant).
I think it's a pity that they sing others' songs and they don't write their own ones.

#67095 - 02/11/02 03:22 AM Re: Operacion Triunfo (TV Show)
hombre_gizon Offline

Hi.

As the winners are going to be choosed by telephone, I think that the winners will be:
1/ Bisbal
2/ Rosa
3/ Bustamante

But I prefer:
1/ Bisbal
2/ Manu Tenorio
3/ Chenoa

Saludos!

#67096 - 02/11/02 06:30 PM Re: Operacion Triunfo (TV Show)
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Well Hombre Gizon got it correct as far as the winners were concerned....

1st Choice Rosa
2nd Choice David Bisbal
3rd Choice David Bustamante

Chenoa, Manu Tenorio and Veronica were all offered record contracts with different companies. Veronica was offered a contract by Sony.

It´s not over yet, so certainly the 3 actual winners will have gotten some other cool prizes as well!

#67097 - 02/12/02 02:31 AM Re: Operacion Triunfo (TV Show)
pim Offline

Wow!, congrats Hombre-Gizon, I was quite surprised by the outcome of last night's show....
And I kind of think Chenoa was surprised too wink! (don't get me wrong, I like her a lot; it's true she was a little 'malhumorada' at first, but it's amazing how she has soften up. Unlike other cases, her character has improved a lot more than her voice which was great from the beginning)

I must confess that I was very moved last night, for two main reasons I think;

First, because it's been 4 months!, I absolutely relate to Castiza, and it seems like it's been the same way for most everybody. I didn't care for the program at first, but then I started to watch this "brat-pack", and how they worked really hard, never losing hope; and comparing that to most other current tv shows....no comment!!!
It's been nice to start off the week with an uplifting music show.

The second reason is Rosa.
For those not familiar with OP, imagine a 21-year-old girl from a humble village/neighborhood of Granada, that neither studied or worked, but stayed home with mum, dad and two brothers(all of them quite chubby), and that had herself a serious weight problem; but most of all, whose way of speaking was so 'cerrada' that it was very hard to understand her at first, actually, everytime anybody addressed her she'd resort to monosyllables or plain noises instead of words.
Her voice, though, was incredible from the start. And so was her good nature.
Well, with time and a lot of effort from her teachers and the rest of the kids, to convince her that she was worthy, and beautiful, and a GREAT person, and she shouldn't be so ashamed and self-conscious about everything; she has blosssomed big-time and become an (almost) secure, gorgeous, grown-up woman.
She now sings in both Spanish and English with no problem at all, has found many great friends, specially Veronica, whom she calls 'mi Vero', has been voted most popular in the academy every week except for one or two, was chosen most attractive female by such a posh magazine as HOLA!, and finally, has won Operación Triunfo.

That's quite a real Cinderella story. Good for her!

#67098 - 02/12/02 04:37 AM Re: Operacion Triunfo (TV Show)
hombre_gizon Offline

Hi!

I porpose a toast to Rosa, Bisbal and Bustamante! ... and to Chenoa, Manu and Verónica.

The first thing that the Disc Company is going to do with Rosa is to teach her to speak. I just understand her when she sings!.

I've read a forum about Operacion Triunfo and people was angry because most of them prefered Chenoa or Manu instead of Bustamante. They say that it has been a bad option to let the ordinary people to choose the winner through phone calls. But ... I don't agree with them. Yes, it's true, Chenoa or Manu are better than Bustamante but this is a tv program and the main amount of revenues of the program are due to the mobile and phone calls.

So, if you want to see another Operación Triunfo, the tv program must be profitable, and the participation of people with phonecalls has been its better way to earn money.

Bye! and good lucky to all of them! laugh

#67099 - 03/12/02 03:31 PM Re: Operacion Triunfo (TV Show)
pim Offline

Well NOW OT is REALLY over. Last night Rosa was chosen by almost half of the people who voted over David Bisbal and David Bustamante to be Spain's participant in the Eurovision song contest, with a song called "Europe's living a celebration". She's enjoying a HUMONGOUS success, I really hope she can remain such a sweet, innocent, modest and good-natured person. smile

Go Rosa!

BTW, someone asked a while ago when the Miss Spain pageant was to take place, well, it's next Saturday. (St. Patricks's Day!)

#67100 - 03/13/02 04:13 PM Re: Operacion Triunfo (TV Show)
VigoBoy Offline

Loc: Washington, DC
I first saw OT over New Year's in Spain. I knew then that the show was going to be huge. You couldn't even buy a compact disc for their songs because of the waiting list at El Corte Ingles. I remember talking with my Spanish girlfriend about how Rosa could win. She has an incredible voice (just listen to her on "It's Raining Men") and I thought that many people could identify with her.

Way to go Rosa!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1902 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments