Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#67076 - 01/05/02 11:15 AM Reyes/Navidad on 'net TV!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
All morning, the day before REYES in Spain, I've been watching CanalSur, Andalucía TV, live on the internet and they're having one Christmas program after another with villancicos (Christmas carols) and scenes of the holiday in Spain, mainly in Andalucía. I'm sure tomorrow (día de Reyes) will have full coverage as well. Check it out!

You can watch live, using the RealOne Player (formerly "The Real Player) via my MadridMan's RealRadio, TV, Music, & Movies page and by clicking on the AndalucíaTelevisión graphic to watch live.

It's TOO cool to be able to watch LIVE TV from Spain via the internet. IF ONLY Madrid (or other national) TV stations would do the same! I'm dying for it!

¡Feliz día de Reyes! Saludos, MadridMan

UPDATE: 6:45pm Local Spain Time:
I'm watching the REYES parade in Sevilla right now via AndalucíaTV and saw the funniest thing: One of the REYES (kings) on a float passing through the crowds of people while talking on a cellular phone. Hahahahaa!

[ 01-05-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#67077 - 01/05/02 02:01 PM Re: Reyes/Navidad on 'net TV!
Shawn Offline
Executive Member

Loc: mentally - Spain, Physically -...
I just enjoyed watching it live in person here in Madrid for the first time in my life and it was incredible !!The sites and sounds of countless thousands enjoying this special event was amazing. To see the faces of the children as the Reyes Magos approached was an incredible spectacal-better than seeing our old fellow in the red suit. It was interesting to see the various floats in the procession sponsored by local business (e.g. Caja Madrid, Real Madrid, and of course McDonalds rolleyes ).

BTW, It has been intersting to see the long lines at all the local bakery shops as Spaniards wait some time to purchase their Roscon de Reyes. I hope they taste better than our tradicional fruit cake :p .

Saludos from Madrid

#67078 - 01/07/02 06:35 PM Re: Reyes/Navidad on 'net TV!
laduque Offline
Executive Member

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
I got to watch the Cabalgata de Reyes on TVE and almost cried at such a joyous site! Our friend's restaurant where I work, now has digital t.v. specifically for TVE!!! I've been hanging out in our bar, off duty, just to watch t.v.!!! laugh

#67079 - 01/07/02 07:22 PM Re: Reyes/Navidad on 'net TV!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Wowwwwww... laduque. How fortunate for you. I watched some in Sevilla and Andalucía via the interview, but YOU got to see (probably) it in Madrid! Good for you. My friend replay, from the message board, sent me A BUNCH of photos of the cabalgata in his neighborhood and I was happy to see them. Glad you enjoyed yours too.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
1 registered (ChrisS), 1615 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments